• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UTFB! Saville and Johnson excellent tonight. Wood up front - a clear message to Gibson and Bausor 

Progress. Unmistakeable progress. We're getting more solid defensively and more slick in our passing. The signs are more positive than they have been for a while. And Roberts could be immense for us i

I think it's more just a case of him playing back in his favoured position. He clearly can't play left side of either a back 4 or a back 5. When he's played central or on the right he goes back to loo

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Interesting to read the Bristol Live Journalists take on Boro:

"How Middlesbrough had only won one of their five games before Tuesday night seems a mystery to us. Their midfield three dictated the game, and City's trio in central areas were shut down effectively by match-winner Saville, Sam Morsy and Jonny Howson, who looked battle-hardened and well balanced to counter anything the Robins could offer up.

Warnock's defence was supremely organised, physical and effective, while Anfernee Dijksteel, Marvin Johnson and Spence all had an impact at times. If Chuba Akpom had finished one of his first-half chances the game may have been much easier than it was for the Teesiders.

Add in a fit and firing Britt Assombalonga and Warnock may be on the rise again".

Think this maybe just goes to emphasise what CT had been saying earlier on about how we really don't have to be great to succeed in this division. If it's true this performance was edging Bristol City and yet not much different than the game against Reading which I did see, I think some have severely lowered expectations of what this team can achieve in this division, for all its faults.

8 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Think this maybe just goes to emphasise what CT had been saying earlier on about how we really don't have to be great to succeed in this division. If it's true this performance was edging Bristol City and yet not much different than the game against Reading which I did see, I think some have severely lowered expectations of what this team can achieve in this division, for all its faults.

I agree - you just need to be consistent in this league, you dont need to be that Leeds type side beating everyone 3-0. We could be like Warnock's Cardiff side - hard to beat and can close out games. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Interesting to read the Bristol Live Journalists take on Boro:

"How Middlesbrough had only won one of their five games before Tuesday night seems a mystery to us. Their midfield three dictated the game, and City's trio in central areas were shut down effectively by match-winner Saville, Sam Morsy and Jonny Howson, who looked battle-hardened and well balanced to counter anything the Robins could offer up.

Warnock's defence was supremely organised, physical and effective, while Anfernee Dijksteel, Marvin Johnson and Spence all had an impact at times. If Chuba Akpom had finished one of his first-half chances the game may have been much easier than it was for the Teesiders.

Add in a fit and firing Britt Assombalonga and Warnock may be on the rise again".

I noticed the Robins TV commentators were quite complimentary towards us during the match too.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

Well its still very early days. We have done well against the current pace setters, which bodes well. But being the eternal pessimist I'm ever mindful that there is still plenty of time for it to all go Pete Tong. 😁

Still, can't ignore the fact we do look well organised now (defensively, at least). When we get time on the ball, we can pass it around nicely. A big change from when we looked like a mob of zombies under Woody.

Just a shame it all tends to break down in and around the opposition penalty area. If we can just get our final passes / crosses and positioning a bit more accurate...and be a bit less predictable in our build-up play (or at least quicker, to be harder to counter), we could be a legit top 6 team.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Well its still very early days. We have done well against the current pace setters, which bodes well. But being the eternal pessimist I'm ever mindful that there is still plenty of time for it to all go Pete Tong. 😁

Still, can't ignore the fact we do look well organised now (defensively, at least). When we get time on the ball, we can pass it around nicely. A big change from when we looked like a mob of zombies under Woody.

Just a shame it all tends to break down in and around the opposition penalty area. If we can just get our final passes / crosses and positioning a bit more accurate...and be a bit less predictable in our build-up play (or at least quicker, to be harder to counter), we could be a legit top 6 team.

Very good posting.. 

• Thanks 1
20 hours ago, Will said:

I think it's more just a case of him playing back in his favoured position. He clearly can't play left side of either a back 4 or a back 5. When he's played central or on the right he goes back to looking like one of the best CB's in the division.

glad someone else cottoned on to ths simple solution.

I still can't believe that Moore allowed Saville to cover that much ground to steal the ball off him. He had so many options to get rid of it, but just seemed to freeze. He obviously saw him coming, so was it a case of overconfidence, indecision or sheer panic ..not complaining just wondering what was going through his mind as Saville approached him 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Old Codger said:

I still can't believe that Moore allowed Saville to cover that much ground to steal the ball off him. He had so many options to get rid of it, but just seemed to freeze. He obviously saw him coming, so was it a case of overconfidence, indecision or sheer panic ..not complaining just wondering what was going through his mind as Saville approached him 

Indecision, he looked left and their lb was marked, turned inside and seen Saville blocking that route, didn’t want to hoof cos instructions. Ended up doing nothing.

• Like 1