Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
boro-unger

Bristol City v Boro 0-1 (Saville)

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

That's my point, Bola did nothing wrong then out after 1 game. Johnson has been the worst player on the pitch 6 or 7 times and hes still getting starts.

I'm agreeing with you haha. Just saying he didn't stand out as really good but did the job quietly and effectively. Deserved the chance to show he can do it consistently. Especially considering were just back from an international break, no one should be tired - apart from Saville and mcnair.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's quite similar to the line-up that beat them a few months ago.

Only fit current player missing from then is Tavernier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I'm agreeing with you haha. Just saying he didn't stand out as really good but did the job quietly and effectively. Deserved the chance to show he can do it consistently. Especially considering were just back from an international break, no one should be tired - apart from Saville and mcnair.

Nobody should be tired yet, sure. But we have 5 games in the space of 2 weeks (just about) so I think it's a bit unfair to say players have been "dropped" when it's far more likely that he's just rotating the squad.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Team screams out putting men behind the ball and hoping for a set piece or bit of magic from Roberts or Akpom.

I would of liked to see Tavernier and Roberts playing together in behind the Akpom but unfortunately Warnock won't come away from the wing back position.

Not his fan at all, but I hope Spence comes in and performs and bounces back from being out the side recently. No excuses tonight as for me he's playing in his best position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Nobody should be tired yet, sure. But we have 5 games in the space of 2 weeks (just about) so I think it's a bit unfair to say players have been "dropped" when it's far more likely that he's just rotating the squad.

Rotating the squad is only a useful tactic when youre still picking up the wins. Im not convinced thats going to happen tonight with that lineup, but let's see!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It's quite similar to the line-up that beat them a few months ago.

Only fit current player missing from then is Tavernier.

They beat us 3-1.  We were useless.  We drew the away game I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although I hate the line-up, one thing I will say is Bristol's midfield 3 includes Paterson and Weimann*, so I'm thinking the midfield battle is a potential area we could get the upper hand on. 

*Although both did play in midfield in the game at the Riverside last season, and we got shown up then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Although I hate the line-up, one thing I will say is Bristol's midfield 3 includes Paterson and Weimann*, so I'm thinking the midfield battle is a potential area we could get the upper hand on. 

*Although both did play in midfield in the game at the Riverside last season, and we got shown up then.

When is the last time we controlled a midfield? We've stiffled midfields for years but i don't think we've actually  dictated play since leadbitter and clayts. Maybe the first couple of mikel games before he got turned in a pulis midfielder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On sky sports red button. 
 

I reckon we will sneak a win here. Always do ok at Ashton Gate and I’m normally there to watch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

When is the last time we controlled a midfield? We've stiffled midfields for years but i don't think we've actually  dictated play since leadbitter and clayts. Maybe the first couple of mikel games before he got turned in a pulis midfielder. 

I don't mean control, just think the midfield battle is ours to take in terms of winning the ball and the physical challenge of it. If that makes sense? 

Edit: I suppose in a round about way I do mean control, but in a sense of not allowing Bristol to dictate or control the midfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Johnson at wingback 🤢

Lets not be too harsh, he played well on Saturday.

Really is the time to back our lads until otherwise due to performances

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...