Details

Teams – Cardiff v Middlesbrough

Location – some cack Welsh stadium

Competition – y bencampwriaeth

Date – Sat 24th Oct 2020

Kick off – 15:00

Introduction

helo a chroeso i edau diwrnod y gêm.

In a great blow to Jonah’s everywhere, a ‘fire break’ lockdown has been introduced by our good neighbours, meaning that no-one is allowed to enter Whales…

Footballers, as essential workers, are of course allowed to flout these rules. The game will therefore go ahead on Saturday.

The Last Games

Boro: Bristol 0 – 1 Boro

Boro beat top of the league Bristol City to make them less top of the league. Boro were generally the better team throughout, but were struggling to put the ball in the back of the net. Luckily, Saville fixed that for us and pounced on a silly pass from the Robins keeper to put Boro within touching distance of the play-offs. Meanwhile, Cardiff’s Neil Harris watched in terror from the stands…

Cardiff: Preston 0 – 1 Cardiff

Cardiff beat Preston in a game of football. Preston had more possession, passes, pass accuracy, yellow cards, corners and fewer offsides in the game. It just goes to show that more possession, passes, pass accuracy, yellow cards, corners and fewer offsides isn’t everything!

This win moved Cardiff to 14th place, although they do have a game tonight (Wednesday), so this could change by the time they face Boro.

Form (League only - most recent last)

Boro: LDDWDW

Cardiff: LWLDW?

The View From The Other Side

ooh, rydyn ni'n hoff iawn o'n tîm o'r enw Caerdydd, ond mae'n debyg ein bod ni'n mynd i golli. Rwy'n dymuno y gallem fynd i ymuno â chynghrair Cymru a chwarae timau hawdd fel airbus

The Un(ger)-Official Match Preview

Cardiff play Bournemouth today (Wednesday 21st), so will have a day less preparation for the game on Saturday. This should give Boro an edge.

Given how much more solid Boro looked against Reading and Bristol, we certainly won’t be the pushovers that Cardiff encountered at the end of last season when they trounced us 3-1.

I predict a 2-1 Boro win.

Spot the Ball Competition 

1397732519_Spottheball.thumb.jpg.cda6d40f0b847b95f692349608d196aa.jpg

Tolkien points

1994062151_jrr_tolkien_photo_haywood_magee_getty_images(1).thumb.jpg.e45fd189e8a6968b685e856381cc1651.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Could you translate the rest of this section from Welsh to English too please?

Details Teams – Cardiff v Middlesbrough Location – some cack Welsh stadium Competition – y bencampwriaeth Date – Sat 24th Oct 2020 Kick off – 15:00   Introduction

I thought he was walking funny..

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

If the guys on the mountain top, whose job was to light the beacons, fell asleep .. Sauron would have won

History is full of such what-if moments. In Zulu, the commander tells his men not to shoot "til you see the whites of their eyes". In other words, if the Zulus had kept their eyes closed while they charged, they'd have won.

Spot the ball - I'm going for I3, judging by the position of the central player's right foot. Looks like Lee Bowyer and Kieron Dyer are up to their old tricks in the C column (quite appropriate, eh), but I reckon Bruce Grobbelaar in goal will make a comfortable save with his left kneecap.

Judging by the cultural references in this post, you'd think I was an OAP, but I'm honestly 'only' middle-aged.

(I reckon we'll win 1-0 on Saturday, by the way).

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

History is full of such what-if moments. In Zulu, the commander tells his men not to shoot "til you see the whites of their eyes". In other words, if the Zulus had kept their eyes closed while they charged, they'd have won.

Spot the ball - I'm going for I3, judging by the position of the central player's right foot. Looks like Lee Bowyer and Kieron Dyer are up to their old tricks in the C column (quite appropriate, eh), but I reckon Bruce Grobbelaar in goal will make a comfortable save with his left kneecap.

Judging by the cultural references in this post, you'd think I was an OAP, but I'm honestly 'only' middle-aged.

(I reckon we'll win 1-0 on Saturday, by the way).

But what if?

42 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

The game won't be played at the Principality stadium (formerly the Millennium Stadium).. it will be at the imaginatively named Cardiff City stadium.

Fair enough. I didn't even know they were different stadiums! Thought they just kept renaming the same one 😄

• Haha 2

Should be a tough defensive game as Cardiff are 4 goals for and 4 against while we are 5 & 4. It could get rather amusing if they and we play defensive and the midfield remains empty while both teams shout across the empty quarter goading each other. Come on then have a go! 

• Haha 1

I like the idea of attritional football, with both sides dug into their own half, and occasionally lobbing the ball into no-man's-land to see what happens. Then at half time we could have an armistice where Cardiff let us score, and then we return to our trenches for the second half. Result? 1-0 to Boro, no injuries, and some great tales for the players to tell their grandchildren.

• Haha 1

Some of the team already act like the ball is a hand grenade with the pin pulled out, so they could arrange for it to explode if you hold on to it for more than ten seconds, might encourage more "flowing" football

• Haha 1