• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Could you translate the rest of this section from Welsh to English too please?

Details Teams – Cardiff v Middlesbrough Location – some cack Welsh stadium Competition – y bencampwriaeth Date – Sat 24th Oct 2020 Kick off – 15:00   Introduction

I thought he was walking funny..

Posted Images

17 hours ago, BearSmog said:

The game won't be played at the Principality stadium (formerly the Millennium Stadium).. it will be at the imaginatively named Cardiff City stadium.

They've been banging on for years about how they're a "real country" and now they go and name their national stadium "the principality", that's proof that they're basically Cornwall but with a worse language and inferior ice cream 🙄 

Anyway I'm predicting a 1-1 draw in this one, I can't see us winning after the massive distance for these two away days.

Also the ball is in 4C as each of the stickmen are fighting to grab the ball to take the penalty.

27 minutes ago, Foogle said:

They've been banging on for years about how they're a "real country" and now they go and name their national stadium "the principality", that's proof that they're basically Cornwall but with a worse language and inferior ice cream 🙄 

Anyway I'm predicting a 1-1 draw in this one, I can't see us winning after the massive distance for these two away days.

Also the ball is in 4C as each of the stickmen are fighting to grab the ball to take the penalty.

That explains Britt's mysterious training injury.....well spotted, Foogle

• Haha 2
29 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Though it's still a fair trek, they flew to Bristol and will be flying to Cardiff, it's not like they're walking or have been sat on a coach for 5 hours each way.

I feel like we can get something from this game, we're due a win in Wales and Warnock knows most of their squad and will surely want to prove himself against them.

• Like 1
On 10/21/2020 at 10:47 AM, DanFromDownSouth said:

1. Why did the Rohirrim charge directly at the war oliphaunts at the Battle of Pelennor Fields?
2. Why did Aragorn release the ghost army, then march to the Black Gate?

1. The Rohirrim were a massed cavalry force, already engaged and spread out. It would've taken too long to form up separate flanking forces and attack from the sides. Plus they'd still have taken losses from the archers while they were doing that.

2. My guess is that Aragorn figured if he unleashed such a deadly force directly against Mordor, it would have forced Sauron to leave his tower and confront them, which could have ended very badly (a kind of nuclear option where both sides get wiped out). By choosing a conventional battle, they only had to face the usual orcs & trolls and distracted Sauron just enough to not spot Frodo & Sam while they sneaked into Mount Doom.

Yup...I am nerdy as hell... :classic_blush:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Let’s go for the win. There’s no reason we shouldn’t! We need to start creating a winning mentality, as opposed to being relatively happy with a point here and there. Shouldn’t be fearing anyone in this league as it stands. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

I like the idea of attritional football, with both sides dug into their own half, and occasionally lobbing the ball into no-man's-land to see what happens. Then at half time we could have an armistice where Cardiff let us score, and then we return to our trenches for the second half. Result? 1-0 to Boro, no injuries, and some great tales for the players to tell their grandchildren.

Well if we're going with the WWI analogy, both sides would spend the first 30 minutes hoofing the ball back and forth, then for the last 15 minutes of the 1st half, a fight would break out until half time. Everyone back to the dressing rooms for an orange and a mystery gift. Then back out for the 2nd half - another 15 minutes of fighting before both teams return to their respective halves and spend the remainder of the match lobbing the ball back and forth, occasionally venturing up to the halfway line for a shot at goal. Game ends as a stalemate and only marginally less pointless than the war (we get 1 each). 😉

Looking at the table, Cardiff couldn't have had a more even start to the season - W2 D2 L2 F5 A5.

I agree the omens don't look good for an exciting, high-scoring game. I would be okay with a draw, but would at least like to see us troubling the Cardiff keeper a bit more than we did Bristol's.

13 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

1. The Rohirrim were a massed cavalry force, already engaged and spread out. It would've taken too long to form up separate flanking forces and attack from the sides. Plus they'd still have taken losses from the archers while they were doing that.

2. My guess is that Aragorn figured if he unleashed such a deadly force directly against Mordor, it would have forced Sauron to leave his tower and confront them, which could have ended very badly (a kind of nuclear option where both sides get wiped out). By choosing a conventional battle, they only had to face the usual orcs & trolls and distracted Sauron just enough to not spot Frodo & Sam while they sneaked into Mount Doom.

Yup...I am nerdy as hell... :classic_blush:

Nah....just precious

Echo thoughts of others. Tough away game. A point I would happily take giving us 5pts from a tough week.

I expect maybe Tav to come in for Roberts just for purposes of fresh legs. And possibly Bola for Johnson.

Dont expect to see Britt

Cant afford to rest Northern Ireland lads yet.

Prediction. 1 all.

I know that in the past most teams set up differently when playing home and away, would it be fair to say that we do not conform with that?

If so then I expect to see the same starting 11 as with Bristol

Just now, Downsouth said:

I know that in the past most teams set up differently when playing home and away, would it be fair to say that we do not conform with that?

If so then I expect to see the same starting 11 as with Bristol (having just realised we are away again)

21 hours ago, Foogle said:

Easy now...

• Haha 2