oneBoro Forum

Cardiff v Boro 1-1 (Saville)

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

The only decent side they've played is Watford really, where they got a good three points to be fair to them.  They've played Wycombe, Rotherham, Derby, Barnsley, us and Cardiff.  How many points would we be aiming for from that lot?  Say at least 13 points from the other 6 games, so as not to include ourselves, as opposed to 19 from the 7?  Their win at Cardiff would look more impressive if I hadn't just seen where Cardiff are at the moment, and they look a lot like us to be honest - reasonably well organised but with next to no attacking threat.  We can be right in the mix if we can win more games so the next two in particular are big in that regard.  Two wins required to turn this start into a good one.

We have played the top four already and even QPR and Cardiff away are not easy games. Once the amount of games rack up and the quality of the opponents, good, bad and mediocre levels out amongst all the sides we should have a better idea. As it is only Reading, Bournemouth and Boro are unbeaten in the last six games in the Championship.

If Howson's goal had stood and had the Ref blew for the infringement on Saville we would be in on 14 points. No doubt there will be a lot more if only's through the season and hopefully fortune going our way but if we can avoid injuries and suspensions we could be in a good place come January when the window opens again. Sometimes its best to fly under the radar, I imagine that while Reading are enjoying life at the moment the pressure of expectation is building.

• Like 1
  • Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Could you translate the rest of this section from Welsh to English too please?

Details Teams – Cardiff v Middlesbrough Location – some cack Welsh stadium Competition – y bencampwriaeth Date – Sat 24th Oct 2020 Kick off – 15:00   Introduction

I thought he was walking funny..

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Redcar Rioja said:

We have played the top four already and even QPR and Cardiff away are not easy games. Once the amount of games rack up and the quality of the opponents, good, bad and mediocre levels out amongst all the sides we should have a better idea. As it is only Reading, Bournemouth and Boro are unbeaten in the last six games in the Championship.

If Howson's goal had stood and had the Ref blew for the infringement on Saville we would be in on 14 points. No doubt there will be a lot more if only's through the season and hopefully fortune going our way but if we can avoid injuries and suspensions we could be in a good place come January when the window opens again. Sometimes its best to fly under the radar, I imagine that while Reading are enjoying life at the moment the pressure of expectation is building.

Yeah we've had a much more difficult start than Reading, that's why I'm not yet convinced they are promotion candidates rather than a team just hitting some good form during a relative easy run of games.  That's also why I'm hoping for two wins in the next two, so we are putting away the bad sides we are facing, whilst making life difficult for the better sides.  There's nothing in the division that has stood out so far though in my opinion.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Kieffer Moore specifically drags Vaulks in to the position to block off Saville before the kick is taken.

It was entirely deliberate. 

I understand that and I did edit my post after looking at it on repeat.

What I was asking is at first glance it looks like Vaulks just holds his position in the box. The rules are a bit unclear, but is the act of him being in that position and not being interested in the ball then Saville making contact with him the foul?

As once the ball is kicked he doesn't really move from the spot, it does look like he leans into Saville, but it isn't exactly like he's moved 3 feet to block Saville's run to follow Moore.

Considering we've had to play the top four sides, with a paper-thin squad and none of our transfer deadline day targets plus several injuries in key positions, I think we've started really well. Even the best managers need time to work their magic - Aitor tightened us up defensively almost straight away (as has Warnock), but it takes far longer to work on attacking flair, intuitive passing and clever set-pieces.

Also, the team's confidence will be rising with every battling draw, sneaky win and clean sheet. I've seen mediocre teams on paper go on incredible runs because confidence is high and so winning becomes a habit. I wouldn't bet against us becoming one of the league's form teams as the season progresses, especially if we can sign a CB, LWB and CF in January.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

So if I understand correctly, and to borrow a phrase from one of football's great thinkers,  what you're saying is... 'the table's lyin' ? 

54 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

So if I understand correctly, and to borrow a phrase from one of football's great thinkers,  what you're saying is... 'the table's lyin' ? 

I'm saying the absolute opposite the table is entirely accurate and indicative of the fixtures played so far and as Boro have played a lot of the fancied Promotion hopefuls we have acquired a decent points haul to date. With a little bit of luck we might have had a few more points on the board but so far so good.

7 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I'm saying the absolute opposite the table is entirely accurate and indicative of the fixtures played so far and as Boro have played a lot of the fancied Promotion hopefuls we have acquired a decent points haul to date. With a little bit of luck we might have had a few more points on the board but so far so good.

Only playing – I get what you meant. Just wanted to add my favourite Woody quote.  

• Haha 1