oneBoro Forum

Virgil Van Djiksteel

18 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Have to say I've been hugely impressed with how organised and relatively comfortable we've looked so far this season.

Any team will have a few scares when the opposition press them really hard or counter very rapidly, but for the majority of games we've looked really solid.

Contrast that with last season, when I was watching games mostly through my fingers and cringing pretty much every time the opposition got out of their own half.

Warnock and the coaches deserve huge credit for turning a shambles of a squad into something resembling a decent football team.

Good post AR. Agree 100%

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Have to say I've been hugely impressed with how organised and relatively comfortable we've looked so far this season.

Any team will have a few scares when the opposition press them really hard or counter very rapidly, but for the majority of games we've looked really solid.

Contrast that with last season, when I was watching games mostly through my fingers and cringing pretty much every time the opposition got out of their own half.

Warnock and the coaches deserve huge credit for turning a shambles of a squad into something resembling a decent football team.

Comparing how we are now, compared to how we were against Swansea at home is chalk and cheese.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Blanco said:

Good post. Very hard to disagree with any part of it. Dijksteel and Bola do look like they are starting to blossom. Warnock did say that he thinks Browne will get game time when we opt to play 433 so I look forward to seeing him get his chance too

I was wondering why Browne didnt start in Johnson spot yesterday. Would have been a great opportunity. Hope he does in the future.

Much prefer him right of a back 3 than a traditional fullback; not sure he quite has it technically high up the field. Having said that, he’s the best right back at the club, so, if we’re playing 4 at the back I prefer him to Spence.