oneBoro Forum

Boro v Coventry 2-0 (Assombalonga, Spence)

11 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

I can see Roberts coming in for Johnson. Key to beating Cov at home is the same as it is to beat Brizzle away. Dominate the middle of the park. I can’t see Warnock breaking up the Morsy, Howson, Saville combo much if he can help it this season.

Very much so think people will be surprised they actually play some nice stuff. Half the reason they got beat 4-0 saturday is because he didn’t change even when they went down to 10. Expect roberts and britt to come in. 

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Get the opposition to give you a goal? 🙂

Do you ever get bored 🤷‍♂️

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is my entry.  Completed using my s-pen from my Samsung galaxy note 10+ 😆  

Some of you lot are unbelievable the way you moan 😂🤦‍♂️ What do you expect under Warnock and this squad, champagne football? Or maybe Woodgates “the leagues lyin tho’ heart thumping style of play? 

I'm delighted with the win. Warnock has worked absolute wonders with Fry, Dijksteel and McNair. This season I think we're going to be similar to our promotion winning team under Karanka, with the way

Posted Images

if Brit is fit, then the best team would be him and Roberts replacing Tav and Johnson  in the 4-3-3  

Akpom and Roberts can drift either side of Brit, leave the rest as Saturday

8 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

1. Will Britt start after his return from injury?

2. Will Roberts start and help to unlock their defence?

3. Does Howson need a haircut?

1. I would say no, but he'll come on.

2. I hope he does.

3. Yes.

I've said it before (in the non-boro thread) but Coventry have an interesting way of lining up, so I'm excited to see more of it, but also excited to see how we combat it.

I'd like to see the same back 4 (plus Bettinelli). I'd maybe consider trying Browne in the midfield 3 for Howson*, have Morsy sitting in the Howson role and Saville and Browne further forward. Then a front 3 of Akpom, Tav and Roberts.

*Howson hasn't done anything wrong, but think Morsy could do his role well. Might also be worth while giving him a game out, he's played the full 90 for all our league games so far.

15 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

No. Dominate the middle of the park. You literally paraphrased me? 

I didn't paraphrase you.  That would be re-wording something that you wrote and I didn't do that.  I made a little joke that also happens to be true 👍

10 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I didn't paraphrase you.  That would be re-wording something that you wrote and I didn't do that.  I made a little joke that also happens to be true 👍

I know it was a joke but surely taking a small part of my statement and posting it is paraphrasing? Is taking lots of words out essentially rewording what I wrote?

5 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

I know it was a joke but surely taking a small part of my statement and posting it is paraphrasing? Is taking lots of words out essentially rewording what I wrote?

No that's not paraphrasing because you wrote that we won because we dominated midfield and I wrote that we won because they gifted us a goal. 

It wasn't a joke at your expense by the way, just in case you thought it was 👍

1 minute ago, CrazyL said:

15 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I did paraphrase you.  That would be something that I do.  I made a little joke that also happens to be true 👍

no...this is taking lots of words out and changing the meaning a little  (as a joke)...but Bristol did give us a goal and that is CT's point..he isn't disagreeing, just having a bit of fun 

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

No that's not paraphrasing because you wrote that we won because we dominated midfield and I wrote that we won because they gifted us a goal. 

It wasn't a joke at your expense by the way, just in case you thought it was 👍

I didn’t think it was at my expense. But we might need the opinion of an English teacher or a lawyer here because I reckon that removing the words which qualify my statement is paraphrasing regardless of the fact that you didn’t change the order of the words which you did choose to quote 🤔

40 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

I didn’t think it was at my expense. But we might need the opinion of an English teacher or a lawyer here because I reckon that removing the words which qualify my statement is paraphrasing regardless of the fact that you didn’t change the order of the words which you did choose to quote 🤔

It's not, honestly.  Paraphrasing is saying the same thing in a slightly different way and I wasn't saying the same thing as you.  I promise you that this is the truth 🙂 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Wing, Roberts, Britt and possibly Browne have to play for me on Tuesday. Ideal time to get some needed minutes under their belt and attack a team that we should be beating at home.

I don’t think Wing has a prayer under Warnock. He just doesn’t work hard enough and that is a priority for the manager. He’s only still here because we are light on numbers 

59 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

Paraphrasing means stating the same meaning using different words.  If the meaning is different, which it is, then it's not paraphrasing.

Just now, macapes said:

Paraphrasing means stating the same meaning using different words.  If the meaning is different, which it is, then it's not paraphrasing.

No it’s not. Paraphrasing is stating a different meaning using the same words.