oneBoro Forum

Boro v Coventry 2-0 (Assombalonga, Spence)

2 minutes ago, Thesis said:

Got to get Ballonga off at half time, very poor, every time looses the ball, cant hold it, cant dribble with it, cant pass it. 

Seriously NEED someone who can play up front. 

Who would you put on instead of Britt?  We don't have another fit striker.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is my entry.  Completed using my s-pen from my Samsung galaxy note 10+ 😆  

Some of you lot are unbelievable the way you moan 😂🤦‍♂️ What do you expect under Warnock and this squad, champagne football? Or maybe Woodgates “the leagues lyin tho’ heart thumping style of play? 

I'm delighted with the win. Warnock has worked absolute wonders with Fry, Dijksteel and McNair. This season I think we're going to be similar to our promotion winning team under Karanka, with the way

Posted Images

Coventry are organised enough that if we keep up the slow build-up, they're gonna deal with it. We need to do better down the sides. If you want someone on that left-hand side who can beat a man and get a cross in, it's bloody Hayden Coulson. This game is made for him. Very little defending necessary if we keep them backed against the wall, defend against what width they have by being aggressive down the wings.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

What a naff first half that was

45 minutes of my life I wish I could get back...

Can only hope 2nd half is better. Maybe Warnock has seen some chinks in Coventry's seemingly impenetrable defence. 😉

The problem is we have no width to put hard low crosses in and no tall centre forward or two so we can go route one, in other words we are toothless. Coventry well organised but I bet they wish they could play against our attack every week. This cant go on, NW needs to take a gamble and mix it up, is Browne on the bench

Their keeper looks relatively shaky too, keep the pressure on him and get him dealing with things, shots, crosses, anything. Even half a chance to get a shot off on the edge of their box shouldn't be wasted right now.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mj south said:

Isn't Saville playing in a front 3 with Britt and Roberts?

I'd consider taking him off for Browne as he has looked abit leggy

No?

It's wing-backs, Saville is in midfield with Howson and Morsy.

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Coventry are organised enough that if we keep up the slow build-up, they're gonna deal with it. We need to do better down the sides. If you want someone on that left-hand side who can beat a man and get a cross in, it's bloody Hayden Coulson. This game is made for him. Very little defending necessary if we keep them backed against the wall, defend against what width they have by being aggressive down the wings.

More or less what I've been thinking. We are Just. So. Sloooowwwww...

I know we are never going to play like Liverpool, but what happened to a bit of good old fashioned pace down the wings?

We just keep playing around in front of them and trying to hit balls through them...and invariably lose possession.

Just now, Smokedsalmon said:

He's trash. 0 technique, intelligence, or composure. Runs about like a headless chicken and trips over his own feet most of the time. Awful outlet.

Nope. He’s a young lad who could be a good attacking right back if he’s ever given the chance. He isn’t a wing back or a winger, he doesn’t have the skill for the latter and he gets isolated with the former. Play him at right back and let him get settled there with an attacking player in front of him and you’ll see the best of him. That’s when his pace can be most useful and I think he will be better coming into the attack from deeper positions and getting a head of steam up rather than getting the ball further forward and having to use skill that he doesn’t really have. 

• Like 3