oneBoro Forum

Boro v Coventry 2-0 (Assombalonga, Spence)

2 minutes ago, ladyspite said:

Think we need better players for that. With this squad play off would be amazing. Nobel prize to Warnock in that case....

To be fair our players are a hell of a lot better than Coventry and Barnsley and we made very hard work of both so I dont think we can really point to that as the main reason - the main reason is the tactics.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is my entry.  Completed using my s-pen from my Samsung galaxy note 10+ 😆  

Some of you lot are unbelievable the way you moan 😂🤦‍♂️ What do you expect under Warnock and this squad, champagne football? Or maybe Woodgates “the leagues lyin tho’ heart thumping style of play? 

I'm delighted with the win. Warnock has worked absolute wonders with Fry, Dijksteel and McNair. This season I think we're going to be similar to our promotion winning team under Karanka, with the way

Posted Images

It’s a hard watch sometimes but I’m enjoying it a lot more than the last couple of seasons. I think our back 3 are brilliant, a lot of the teams in the division go 3 at the back and I honestly don’t think any are better than ours. If we had better wing backs we could be exciting to watch, hopefully Spence will get some confidence from his goal  

Chuffed for Britt. He really needed that tonight. UTB 

• Like 3

Hopefully that goal gives Spence a bit of a boost. Felt we would have dropped points in that situation last year so a definite improvement.

Also, since I'm keeping match thread responsibilities for another gameweek I'm gonna extend the doodle competition until then. See if we can get a few more entrants 👍👍

• Like 3

Coventry defended for 90 min and we actually managed to break them down. Never would have happened last year, we would have been the team trying to keep 11 behind the ball. It might not have been pretty but a win is a win. 

unbeaten in 7. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

To be fair our players are a hell of a lot better than Coventry and Barnsley and we made very hard work of both so I dont think we can really point to that as the main reason - the main reason is the tactics.

Well we create a hell lot more then them even if its boring to watch. How fun was it for a coventry fan today? 😉

10 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

A hard earned win and up to 7th now.

I really wish I could just enjoy us picking up points but I really hate watching us play at the moment. I understand why others are just happy to be ticking along, I just want more from football than what were getting. Every match is painful

It's not going to get any prettier I'm afraid. Warnock's sides play ugly but effective football. If it gets us promoted though I don't care.

In fact I'll be over the moon if we 1-0 our way to promotion, lol

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

I think a vast majority of teams would have struggled to break down Coventry today. As soon as we got the ball they just slotted into two solid banks and sat there.

I thought we played a good game today. We tried to play a lot of nice passes and stuff just wasn't coming off but two moments of absolute quality from Morsy and Browne with their respective assists.

Least we deserved today, very comfortable.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Them two headers near the end summed up Fry tonight. A different player under Warnock. 

Looks a different player now he is in the centre rather than on the left, he just could not adjust his balance and positioning in that position

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Hopefully that goal gives Spence a bit of a boost. Felt we would have dropped points in that situation last year so a definite improvement.

Also, since I'm keeping match thread responsibilities for another gameweek I'm gonna extend the doodle competition until then. See if we can get a few more entrants 👍👍

You can give the prize out at Christmas @Smogzilla because you are on for the elusive 10 in a row 😃

I'm not going to lie I thought we were all right tonight lol.  I've not really watched us this year though as we sacked sky off months ago but I've recently wangled a sky go log in off me old man. 

I just thought we needed to be bit sharper in the final 3rd, they had 10 men behind the ball and we missed several great through ball passes too many times, if they'd got that better it would have been a totally different match.  I think they'll get better as the season goes on but yeah I thought we were ok.

• Like 1
Just now, pikerman said:

Looks a different player now he is in the centre rather than on the left, he just could not adjust his balance and positioning in that position

Hall will struggle to get back in the team if the back 3 continue to play like that.