oneBoro Forum

Boro v Coventry 2-0 (Assombalonga, Spence)

3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

To be fair our players are a hell of a lot better than Coventry and Barnsley and we made very hard work of both so I dont think we can really point to that as the main reason - the main reason is the tactics.

Maybe, but we did win both games. The championship is full of games like that which don’t always go as you expect. Having played 4 of the top 6 being, I don’t think see how anyone can be anything other than pleased with our start.

• Like 2
  • Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is my entry.  Completed using my s-pen from my Samsung galaxy note 10+ 😆  

Some of you lot are unbelievable the way you moan 😂🤦‍♂️ What do you expect under Warnock and this squad, champagne football? Or maybe Woodgates “the leagues lyin tho’ heart thumping style of play? 

I'm delighted with the win. Warnock has worked absolute wonders with Fry, Dijksteel and McNair. This season I think we're going to be similar to our promotion winning team under Karanka, with the way

Posted Images

Just now, Boro-Loyal said:

Maybe, but we did win both games. The championship is full of games like that which don’t always go as you expect. Having played 4 of the top 6 being, I don’t think see how anyone can be anything other than pleased with our start.

I'm pleased with our points tally but I dont just enjoy watching our games. I dont see how thats such a bad thing - I watch football for entertainment and im not really getting it from the team I support. Which is fair enough with all the circumstances but it doesn't really make it any more fun to sit through 2 hours of it twice a week.

• Like 1

Not pretty but effective      and both times we got past their defence, they kept their head and put the ball away. Thought Britt looked better after introduction of Browne but think even Mr. W must realise that he is just not cut out to be a lone striker. Either way, three more points and on to Forest 

4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I'm pleased with our points tally but I dont just enjoy watching our games. I dont see how thats such a bad thing - I watch football for entertainment and im not really getting it from the team I support. Which is fair enough with all the circumstances but it doesn't really make it any more fun to sit through 2 hours of it twice a week.

That’s fair enough but I’d rather watch the current team than the 45 mins against a Swansea. Admittedly, it’s not one or the other but to go from where we were in March to where we are now, has to be an improvement. 

• Like 2

Some of you lot are unbelievable the way you moan 😂🤦‍♂️ What do you expect under Warnock and this squad, champagne football? Or maybe Woodgates “the leagues lyin tho’ heart thumping style of play? 

Warnock’s doing a good job under less than ideal circumstances, long may it continue 

• Like 13

As predicted I thought we'd win tonight, but that it would be a struggle.

Glad that we have won and yes it was a struggle, but defensively barring one or two moments we were relatively comfortable, which is a big improvement on last season. 

It's effective football that we are playing, which away from home against "better" teams I understand the need to play that way. But tonight against Coventry at home, I feel like from the off we could have sacrificed one of the back 5 or midfield 3 for an attacking player, to help us break them down.

• Like 1

If this what it takes to get promoted I take this substance over style. Then next summer Warnock will retire achieving another record promotion. The world is your oyster again with the premiership money.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The argument can be made that it’s 3 points and that’s all that counts and do you know, 9 times out of 10 I would happily agree. The points total is not at all bad but the game ending with 2 goals belittles the most awful football to watch. I don’t think I’m going to put myself through this and next time will watch something else while watching the latest scores pop up.   It’s going to be a hell of a long NW season. I simply can’t take it, I can’t. 

Only one team in it really. Deserved, but hard fought. With the players we have I think this will be the template going forward. For years we have found it difficult to break teams down and if opponents close Roberts down it becomes a war of attrition. Apart from Tavs interception in the second half we weren’t troubled. Hopefully Forest will play a more open game and it will be more pleasing to the eye, but I really don’t expect us to carve teams open with the skill set we have. Great start to the season.

• Like 4

Forest won’t be an open game either, but they won’t chuck 10 behind the ball like Coventry today. 
to be fair to Coventry, that’s the style they have to player with the quality they have. I reckon they will stay up as well, they will steal a few games

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Reading won again today; 4-2 vs Blackburn with Pears in goal. Comical first goal after a minute, Pears maybe partially to blame.

When I looked last reading had 4 shots and 4 goals