Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

Boro v Coventry 2-0 (Assombalonga, Spence)

Recommended Posts

Hello lads and lasses!

Warnock’s warriors are up against Coventry on Tuesday night, looking to build on a start that could be described as “reasonable”. Boro have picked up 10 points from 7 games, losing only once, despite playing the current top 4 in the league in that time. Not bad I say!

Coventry have 5 points from 7 since their return to the championship and were thumped by Tony Mowbray’s Blackburn Rovers™ 4-0 last time out. Michael Rose is suspended for this game after picking up a red card in the Blackburn fixture. I have no idea if this will be significant because, quite frankly, I know naff all about Coventry.

Some questions to consider:

Will Britt start after his return from injury?

Will Roberts start and help to unlock their defence?

Does Howson need a haircut?

 

Also: DOODLE COMPETITION!

A little something to keep us entertained until kick off on Tuesday night. I want to see your best/worst boro-themed drawings! I will accept photos of hand-drawn doodles or Ms-paint/snapchat jobs. Whatever works for you! Please get them in before kick-off on Tuesday night and I will pick a winner after the game.

To get us started, here is my drawing of Graeme Souness. I’m sure you will all agree that I managed to capture his visage perfectly!

 

Good luck!

 

souness.jpg

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope britt starts. Give Akpom a breather. Hopefully then both can start v Forest. Dont want to underestimate Coventry as they play some good stuff but a good chance to give Saville a few days off and bring Wing in.

Bettinelli

Dijksteel Fry Paddy Bola

Morsy Howson Wing

Roberts Britt Tav

Hopefully a 2 nil win with a Britt double. Won't be easy though

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to see tav and Roberts start either side of a striker and Johnson out of the side!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the idea of Roberts and Tav supporting a striker and think its worth trying out for a few games.  Im hoping we are capable of a convincing win where we score more than 2 goals. I fancy Britt to get his first of the season on Tuesday.

Howson can keep his hair longer. Embrace the length before age steals that opportunity from you. It makes him look like a smart price George with it longer as well.

Its a good drawing you did although my initial thoughts was it was Billy Ashcroft.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On reflection, it does look more like Billy Ashcroft than Souness.

Nevermind 🤣🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's the hair colour.  Souness had darker hair, Ashcroft's was lighter.  He does look angry though, so that's definitely a Souness trait 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dodgy one to predict but aren’t all BORO games.
So both teams have scored 6 for with BORO conceding 5 and Coventry 14, so the odds are on for us to take 3 points, or or are they. Possibly not as it suggests both teams struggle to hit the target although it also suggests Coventry properly get more up to the half line, but only because they kickoff more then we do after conceding more goals. 

Surly if there was ever a game for a midfield or strike force to showcase there skill, this is one they must be licking there lips at and demanding to be picked. The squad must be thinking, finally a game we can loosen up a bit and be creative, finally a chance to rack up a few assists or goals and look a bit more respective in the stats table. Or will they? 
 

I think we will concede but I also think we are capable of 3 goals so I’m going with 3-1 and 3 more points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Dodgy one to predict but aren’t all BORO games.
So both teams have scored 6 for with BORO conceding 5 and Coventry 14, so the odds are on for us to take 3 points, or or are they. Possibly not as it suggests both teams struggle to hit the target although it also suggests Coventry properly get more up to the half line, but only because they kickoff more then we do after conceding more goals. 

Surly if there was ever a game for a midfield or strike force to showcase there skill, this is one they must be licking there lips at and demanding to be picked. The squad must be thinking, finally a game we can loosen up a bit and be creative, finally a chance to rack up a few assists or goals and look a bit more respective in the stats table. Or will they? 
 

I think we will concede but I also think we are capable of 3 goals so I’m going with 3-1 and 3 more points. 

If we don't win this one 5-0 then Warnock should be sacked.

Oh, and hi Neil 👋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope this game Warnock will loosen the reins abit so we see abit more creative attacking play and less of a shackled display that I have tolerated as we played some good sides. But this match we are playing inferior side who just got thumped by Blackburn. Should win this 3or4-0 if we are on it. Like others have said would like actually Tav on one wing Robert's on the other with Britt up top so Akpom can have a breather on the subs bench. Also maybe try throw Browne into the mix.  This side is never gonna be picked but would like something like this 

 

                     Bettanali

Spence.     Dijksteel.    Fry.   Bola

                 Morsey.   McNair

  Tav            Roberts.    Browne

                        Britt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I hope this game Warnock will loosen the reins abit so we see abit more creative attacking play and less of a shackled display that I have tolerated as we played some good sides. But this match we are playing inferior side who just got thumped by Blackburn. Should win this 3or4-0 if we are on it. Like others have said would like actually Tav on one wing Robert's on the other with Britt up top so Akpom can have a breather on the subs bench. Also maybe try throw Browne into the mix.  This side is never gonna be picked but would like something like this 

 

                     Bettanali

Spence.     Dijksteel.    Fry.   Bola

                 Morsey.   McNair

  Tav            Roberts.    Browne

                        Britt

We just need to win. It doesn’t matter how it happens, 1-0 will do. Coventry will approach it as a ‘free shot’ and consider any point as a bonus I think, so will play with less pressure. I’d be surprised if NW let’s the handbrake too far off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I hope this game Warnock will loosen the reins abit so we see abit more creative attacking play and less of a shackled display that I have tolerated as we played some good sides. But this match we are playing inferior side who just got thumped by Blackburn. Should win this 3or4-0 if we are on it. Like others have said would like actually Tav on one wing Robert's on the other with Britt up top so Akpom can have a breather on the subs bench. Also maybe try throw Browne into the mix.  This side is never gonna be picked but would like something like this 

 

                     Bettanali

Spence.     Dijksteel.    Fry.   Bola

                 Morsey.   McNair

  Tav            Roberts.    Browne

                        Britt

Absolutely no chance of that team happening 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Donnyboro said:

Absolutely no chance of that team happening 

I can see Roberts coming in for Johnson. Key to beating Cov at home is the same as it is to beat Brizzle away. Dominate the middle of the park. I can’t see Warnock breaking up the Morsy, Howson, Saville combo much if he can help it this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

Key to beating Cov at home is the same as it is to beat Brizzle away.

Get the opposition to give you a goal? 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

×
×
  • Create New...