oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

Boro v Coventry 2-0 (Assombalonga, Spence)

1 minute ago, Tom said:

*** me our fans are miserable

Surely you can't be just realising this Tom..

1 minute ago, Tom said:

*** me our fans are miserable

We'd potentially have 1 fit striker for 3 league games if Akpom was out for 2 weeks, is being concerned by that being miserable?

1 minute ago, White Band said:

Barnsley are 2-0 up already somehow!  Pretty impressive 5 minutes in.

It’s half time there. They started at 7.

Just now, DanFromDownSouth said:

We'd potentially have 1 fit striker for 3 league games if Akpom was out for 2 weeks, is being concerned by that being miserable?

Yeah, it's just a sport.

• Like 2

Just now, Changing Times said:

It’s half time there. They started at 7.

Ah.  Hadn't realised that.  Strange time to start.  

Just now, White Band said:

Ah.  Hadn't realised that.  Strange time to start.  

Yeah I didn’t realise some had kicked off earlier. Some league one and two games as well I think. 

5 minutes ago, White Band said:

Barnsley are 2-0 up already somehow!  Pretty impressive 5 minutes in.

Started 45 mins earlier

Just now, Downsouth said:

Not quite th start we were all hoping for, Boro not imposing themselves at all

Been crap from both teams tbf. No one wants the ball

Just now, LinoJo3 said:

Anyone got a link where I can even just listen to commentary?

Goals as they go in showing on Sky Sports is all I can suggest

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest Posts

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56291850 Am I reading this right in understanding that it only applies to attack and not defence..  or is it just unclear wording?  
    • They're the runners, still think he wants the big lump up top to win the aerials for them to play off. Be surprised if we weren't still playing a very direct style, hopefully just more effectively with an actual targetman.
    • Old school Keeper with a real character. Legs like matchsticks but agile and really good at this level until Jim Platt came along in the early seventies to win the shirt from him. As with Downsouth he was the regular Boro Goalie when I first started watching the Boro at Ayresome Park. RIP.
    • Used to wind up the opposition by lighting a Woodbine if he was having a quiet game...  ran across him a few times when I used to go to away games ..  had a "colourful" vocabulary, but always happy to mix with fans and got pleasure from the number of people that acknowledged him.
    • I think people are giving Warnock the benefit of the doubt because he's done what no manager has done in the last decade and bring in quality wide options. Even Karanka, our best manager in that period, played Stuani out wide incessantly. Warnock has actually signed several players with genuine attacking promise, suggesting that the current tactic of hoof it to the (not very) big man up front may not be his long-term approach. Let's face it, Cardiff did more than hoof their way to promotion under him. With some time to bed in, a front four of Kebano, Bolassie, Watmore and Fletcher is mouthwatering, with the likes of NML and Johnson in reserve. The fact Britt and Akpom couldn't hit a cow's *** with a banjo is holding us back, but I don't believe Warnock would have signed the wide creative players he has if his sole tactic in the rest of his time at the Boro is going to involve asking a s**t keeper to hoof it. There has to be more in his long-term plan than that, otherwise he might as well do what Pulis did and play four central defenders and five defensive midfielders. Surely NW needs the summer to see what sort of tune he can wring from this promising (if currently under-delivering) squad? That's why I and probably others are cautiously optimistic about his contract extension.