oneBoro Forum

Boro v Coventry 2-0 (Assombalonga, Spence)

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is my entry.Ā  Completed using my s-pen from my Samsung galaxy note 10+ šŸ˜† Ā 

Some of you lot are unbelievable the way you moan šŸ˜‚šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø What do you expect under Warnock and this squad, champagne football? Or maybe Woodgates ā€œthe leagues lyin thoā€™ heart thumping style of play?Ā 

I'm delighted with the win. Warnock has worked absolute wonders with Fry, Dijksteel and McNair. This season I think we're going to be similar to our promotion winning team under Karanka, with the way

Posted Images

Just now, sanddancer said:

I suppose we canā€™t ignore Marcus stingingĀ Ā shotĀ at the keeper and Sam hitting the bar. Had one gone in we could possibly have seen a bit more excitement.Ā 

plus Patrick Roberts basically in 1 on 1 and didn't hit the target.

I'm delighted with the win. Warnock has worked absolute wonders with Fry, Dijksteel and McNair. This season I think we're going to be similar to our promotion winning team under Karanka, with the way that we'd do well against the better teams and struggle against the not as good teams. Finding a knack of winning them games like today is going to help us repeat them gritty wins against the lesser sides. Our style of football is going to be frustrating at times, sure, but I can easily accept it as we're going in the right direction after several years of drifting backwards in a seemingly unstoppable manner until Warnock came in. Considering the shambolic state that we were in last season, the incredibly tough opening fixture list and the disappointment in the transfer market, Warnock has done a fantastic job to turn us into such a highly effective team in such a short space of time.

Some fans were similarly moaning about Karanka's style of play in our promotion season. However,Ā he got us promoted in the end and even the most idealistic of us will have fantastic memories from his time here; certainly more good memories thanĀ the three and a half season since he left when we've had next to no good memories.

If Gibson's track record is anything to go by then we're going downhill whenever Warnock leaves anyway so maybe we can stockpile the negativity to one side for then? We may as well try to enjoy these times of *fingers crossed* getting results ugly before Gibson playsĀ ā€œTeesside managerial rouletteā€ again andĀ appoints Roy Chubby Brown as our next manager after he convinces him through a Powerpoint presentation that he can get us playing football just like Liverpool.

It's also worth noting how much our home recordĀ has improved. Even under Warnockā€™s games last season we really struggled at home. Last season overall we won 6, drew 8 and lost 9. So far this season we've won 2, drew 2 and lost 0. We're undefeated in 7 league games now too. Lets try to enjoy it.

Edited by p_mards
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

good win that. its great going onto the other teams messageboards and seeing the same comments after every game. here are the typical ones.Ā 

Boro are terrible, diabolical, very poor, awful team etc etc.

often the same posters comments say

we(not us)Ā cant pass the ball, we keep hoofing it long, our midfield are awful. only 1 shot on target all game

---------------------------------

for any oppo fans, yep other teams struggle against us because, we work harder, close down faster, tackle harder and we are more organised and actually have several really good players. just want to hope we dont start scoring more because we'll take some stopping.

• Like 8

You know usually Iā€™d be moaning about us playing bad, but tbf I think this is as good as itā€™s going to get for us. As long as we keep plodding along picking up draws and wins then we will be in a good position come the end of the season. Who knows if we are in a similar position in January then gibson might be more willing to push the boat a bit and get a couple of better players in. I get the feeling anything can happen this season.

3 hours ago, BoroSmoggie said:

*** meĀ 

Itā€™s just the football mate. Nothing against Warnock who is a decent manager doing a decent job but Iā€™d really like to enjoy watching us again and I donā€™t at the moment. Ā 

Day after the night before and well pleased.

If this is what it takes to make the season interesting then ok by me but yep will probably moan at The time we witness things worth moaning about! It is after all what footie fans do, but soon forgotten after the result.

To be honest things can only get better!

5 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Itā€™s just the football mate. Nothing against Warnock who is a decent manager doing a decent job but Iā€™d really like to enjoy watching us again and I donā€™t at the moment. Ā 

Surely you enjoy the feeling of picking up points again after what we had to endure last season?

For me, it's all about the points rather than entertainment, yes it's frustrating on the eye especially watching on TV but I'd take that if it means a play off push and something to get excited about. (Maybe that's my competitive footballing side)