oneBoro Forum

Boro v Coventry 2-0 (Assombalonga, Spence)

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is my entry.  Completed using my s-pen from my Samsung galaxy note 10+ 😆  

Some of you lot are unbelievable the way you moan 😂🤦‍♂️ What do you expect under Warnock and this squad, champagne football? Or maybe Woodgates “the leagues lyin tho’ heart thumping style of play? 

I'm delighted with the win. Warnock has worked absolute wonders with Fry, Dijksteel and McNair. This season I think we're going to be similar to our promotion winning team under Karanka, with the way

Posted Images

1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

It's hammer time!

It's our turn to thrash someone and tonight is the night.. 4-0

McNair 25', Bola 34', Britt 56' and 88'

dreaming a bit i see, you know we are going to go a goal down to an 11 minute set piece or deflected shot. why torture yourself. 

i'm going 1-1, they will score first and we will peg them back to then get our hopes up of going on to win but we will miss all the chances we have plus x2 offside goals and a goal disallowed for a foul in the build up by us. all the goals will under review deem good. we will all be moaning about it on here for ages. until we beat forest on saturday.

• Confused 1
2 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:
1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

It's hammer time!

It's our turn to thrash someone and tonight is the night.. 4-0

McNair 25', Bola 34', Britt 56' and 88'

dreaming a bit i see, you know we are going to go a goal down to an 11 minute set piece or deflected shot. why torture yourself. 

music video bill dess GIF by Two Feet

Expecting a win tonight and looking for a comfortable one at that.  Doesn't need to be a big win but I want to see us looking clearly better than them.  We seem to have a tendency to either bring teams down to our level or raise teams up to our level though, hence every game is close.  It'd be nice to see something different tonight.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RiseAgainst said:

That's a bizarre formation, but it'll be interesting to see how it works (or doesn't) on the night.

Yeah they basically play a "square" shape midfield with 2 players sitting deeper and 2 players in the 10 role. 

(Rubbish diagram below)...

.    .

.    . 

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Yeah they basically play a "square" shape midfield with 2 players sitting deeper and 2 players in the 10 role. 

(Rubbish diagram below)...

.    .

.    . 

It's what Boro used to play back in 95/96 with Hignett and Barmby behind Fjortoft and then Juninho and Barmby behind him.  We also had the wingbacks, Cox on one side and Chris Morris on the other, Pearson, Vickers and Whyte at the back, Mustoe and Pollock in midfield.  As a link to Coventry, we beat them 2-1 early in the season with that very line up  🙌

• Like 3
30 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Expecting a win tonight and looking for a comfortable one at that.  Doesn't need to be a big win but I want to see us looking clearly better than them.  We seem to have a tendency to either bring teams down to our level or raise teams up to our level though, hence every game is close.  It'd be nice to see something different tonight.

I think Warnock will hold his nerve and keep things just as they have been, tight and controlled and looking for breaks, errors and set pieces. A 1-0 win will do just fine in his book as much as we the fans would love to see a swashbuckling performance. If the opposition is poorly organised and get themselves in a muddle then we could nick a few but I don't expect to see a Warnock team going for it as nice as it would be.

9 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I think Warnock will hold his nerve and keep things just as they have been, tight and controlled and looking for breaks, errors and set pieces. A 1-0 win will do just fine in his book as much as we the fans would love to see a swashbuckling performance. If the opposition is poorly organised and get themselves in a muddle then we could nick a few but I don't expect to see a Warnock team going for it as nice as it would be.

Oh yeah, I'm sure he will mate and I imagine a 1-0 win will do just fine for him and for a lot of people on here.  But a 1-1 draw or a 0-0 draw or even a defeat won't.  You make every game close then you leave yourself open to being on the wrong end of things.

• Like 2

Well given what NW has stated we will need the 3 points to achieve his projection, mid table and a bonus if we are 3 points from the play offs. Fact he thinks with the squad size mid table might be optimistic. Well it fairs what I had predicted which I thought with the players he wanted a mid upper finish was on the books, and without, mid lower. 
So we can I’ll afford NOT to take 3 points when the opportunity  presents itself, and here it is on a silver platter.