oneBoro Forum

Boro v Coventry 2-0 (Assombalonga, Spence)

1 minute ago, mj south said:

Isn't Saville playing in a front 3 with Britt and Roberts?

I'd consider taking him off for Browne as he has looked abit leggy

He’s our most dangerous midfielder though. If anyone needs to come off it’s Spence as he’s completely wasted on the left

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is my entry.  Completed using my s-pen from my Samsung galaxy note 10+ 😆  

Some of you lot are unbelievable the way you moan 😂🤦‍♂️ What do you expect under Warnock and this squad, champagne football? Or maybe Woodgates “the leagues lyin tho’ heart thumping style of play? 

I'm delighted with the win. Warnock has worked absolute wonders with Fry, Dijksteel and McNair. This season I think we're going to be similar to our promotion winning team under Karanka, with the way

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

No?

It's wing-backs, Saville is in midfield with Howson and Morsy.

From their goal kicks hes forming a front 3 with the other 2, and he's seems alot more advanced than Howson and Morsy

Plus I know its wing backs, looked like a 343 to me

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Nope. He’s a young lad who could be a good attacking right back if he’s ever given the chance. He isn’t a wing back or a winger, he doesn’t have the skill for the latter and he gets isolated with the former. Play him at right back and let him get settled there with an attacking player in front of him and you’ll see the best of him. That’s when his pace can be most useful and I think he will be better coming into the attack from deeper positions and getting a head of steam up rather than getting the ball further forward and having to use skill that he doesn’t really have. 

Mate, if pace made a footballer, I'd have hit the Prem.

He's quick and that is IT. He does not have the footballing intelligence to play the most demanding role in modern football (attacking full back).

We're currently playing a back 5 made up of a RB, RB, CB, CM, and CAM. There are 2 LBs on the bench. It's an absolute joke that players like Spence are shoe-horned into this team all the time.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Nope. He’s a young lad who could be a good attacking right back if he’s ever given the chance. He isn’t a wing back or a winger, he doesn’t have the skill for the latter and he gets isolated with the former. Play him at right back and let him get settled there with an attacking player in front of him and you’ll see the best of him. That’s when his pace can be most useful and I think he will be better coming into the attack from deeper positions and getting a head of steam up rather than getting the ball further forward and having to use skill that he doesn’t really have. 

Id agree with this. Not all right backs make good wing backs. Even Alexander Arnold struggles for England when played at rwb.

5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Coventry are organised enough that if we keep up the slow build-up, they're gonna deal with it. We need to do better down the sides. If you want someone on that left-hand side who can beat a man and get a cross in, it's bloody Hayden Coulson. This game is made for him. Very little defending necessary if we keep them backed against the wall, defend against what width they have by being aggressive down the wings.

Yeah I agree with this game is made for Coulson down that left hand side. Give it 60min mark and I'd take Morsy off and bring on Wing because shot from distance may be our best bet tonight because they are playing very rigid like we did at Bristol city

2 minutes ago, mj south said:

From their goal kicks hes forming a front 3 with the other 2, and he's seems alot more advanced than Howson and Morsy

I don't think it is mate. Maybe pressing more than the other two but in the build-up he's not in the box or owt, he's passing it around in midfield with the other 2.

3 minutes ago, mj south said:

Hes definitely more advanced than howson and morsey, but id say its more a 352 with saville on the tip.

9 minutes ago, White Band said:

Who would you put on instead of Britt?  We don't have another fit striker.

Id put Warnock on over him if we had the chance. I think anyone would be better.

Just now, Smokedsalmon said:

Mate, if pace made a footballer, I'd have hit the Prem.

He's quick and that is IT. He does not have the footballing intelligence to play the most demanding role in modern football (attacking full back).

We're currently playing a back 5 made up of a RB, RB, CB, CM, and CAM. There are 2 LBs on the bench. It's an absolute joke that players like Spence are shoe-horned into this team all the time.

I agree, I just don't see a player in Spence. Very poor defensively and when he gets in the offensive positions he panics and either falls over or runs straight into the opposition player.

I wouldn't say they are shoe-horned though as Spence has missed out recently.