oneBoro Forum

FAO Erimus74 - Photo of Boro Fans at Outside AP.

Hi Erimus. I trust you are well.

In the photo you've posted on the other forum (I'm not a member there, hence my reply here!) the date on the sign is correct except that the sign writer has got the year wrong. He's presumably forgotten that January is the start of a new year.

It's one of a series of photos that were taken at Ayresome Park by a freelance photographer working for the Daily Mirror on Sunday 16 January 1972. The supporters are queueing for tickets for the FA Cup Third Round Replay against Manchester City, Boro having drawn at Maine Road the previous day. The happy days when a draw in the FA Cup on a Saturday would mean a replay on the Tuesday and not much time to sell tickets!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 10/26/2020 at 10:18 PM, McMordie said:

Hi Erimus. I trust you are well.

In the photo you've posted on the other forum (I'm not a member there, hence my reply here!) the date on the sign is correct except that the sign writer has got the year wrong. He's presumably forgotten that January is the start of a new year.

It's one of a series of photos that were taken at Ayresome Park by a freelance photographer working for the Daily Mirror on Sunday 16 January 1972. The supporters are queueing for tickets for the FA Cup Third Round Replay against Manchester City, Boro having drawn at Maine Road the previous day. The happy days when a draw in the FA Cup on a Saturday would mean a replay on the Tuesday and not much time to sell tickets!

Cheers McMordie, sorry about the delay in replying & yes, all well thankyou 

Great photo isn't it, a bit misleading as you rightly pointed out & thanks for the update 👍