oneBoro Forum

Boro v Nottingham Forest 1-0 (Johnson)

13 minutes ago, p_mards said:

I'm absolutely delighted with the win. Warnock has worked absolute wonders here. It's staggering to think that this well drilled team is largely the same group of players that Woodgate had underperforming. Dijksteel, Wood, McNair, Bola, Howson, Saville, Tavernier, Coulson, Assombalonga, Spence and Johnson were all here under Woodgate. The only new players are Bettinelli, Morsy & Akpom. The improvements are largely a result of Warnock's tactics and man management. It reinforces what an absolute waste of time Woodgate's inept spell here was. We need to do everything we can to support Warnock in the January transfer window to strengthen the squad as he knows exactly how to get us promoted. If we give him the resources, he'll get us promoted.

Couldn't agree more, though I doubt we will see any fans attending for the rest of the season. I am not sure how we can add to our wage bill with no extra revenue coming in.  If I were a Premier league club being asked for a bail out, then seeing that money spent by clubs speculating in such a way I would be a bit annoyed. 

That said, I am sure Warnock will manage the squad well and if we can be lucky with injuries, can we dare to hope? 

• Like 3
  • Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My doodle entry. As Anglian says, hard to get any kind of control with the mouse!

Played 9, conceded 5 goals, the same as the much vaunted Watford Premiership defence. After last seasons abysmal showing then step forward Neil Warnock and his coaches, what a turnaround, take a bow,

One very special moment (This time I didn't cheat)

Posted Images

Even i have little negative to say about that performance. Nearly everyone played well and we never looked troubled again.

Morsy needs to wise up though. He's already going to get a lot of bookings for the style of player he is, he doesnt need to add further bookings for running his mouth and generally being an ***. Hes a red card waiting to happen in every game

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Even i have little negative to say about that performance. Nearly everyone played well and we never looked troubled again.

Morsy needs to wise up though. He's already going to get a lot of bookings for the style of player he is, he doesnt need to add further bookings for running his mouth and generally being an ***. Hes a red card waiting to happen in every game

The wising up he needs to do is learning to cool off. He let Colback wind him up from minute 1 today and it showed.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Brunners said:

The wising up he needs to do is learning to cool off. He let Colback wind him up from minute 1 today and it showed.

Well done to the manager for realising it. Excellent management. Colback was in the refs ear big style to get Morsy sent off the ginger geordie ***.

• Like 6

I know its very early on but anyone noticed how our current squad is not that much different from one Woodgate had? Yet we are showing so much more positive signs with the same set of players.

Betttinelli replaced Randolph. Bettinelli is a good keeper but latter was outstanding so dont think we improved that area. At best Bettinelli is equal to Randolph.

Chuba is in but we lost Fletcher from last seasons team. Not much to choose from them .

So only notable addiction is Sam Morsy.

I said it last season. This squad is no where near as bad as Woodgate had us last season. I also dont think its as good as our current position has us either but then that is the difference between a sh*t manager and a competent one.

• Like 4
37 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I know its very early on but anyone noticed how our current squad is not that much different from one Woodgate had? Yet we are showing so much more positive signs with the same set of players.

Betttinelli replaced Randolph. Bettinelli is a good keeper but latter was outstanding so dont think we improved that area. At best Bettinelli is equal to Randolph.

Chuba is in but we lost Fletcher from last seasons team. Not much to choose from them .

I said it last season. This squad is no where near as bad as Woodgate had us last season. I also dont think its as good as our current position has us either but then that is the difference between a sh*t manager and a competent one.

Wrong 

They only noticeable addition is Neil Warnock 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i said it last season, the kids will keep improving and be even better as time goes on. thats what we see now. some of the football today was nice and need fast football. players involved were the young lads and bola. they know eachothers game they are pretty familiar and now the confidence is coming for them we are seeing them express themselves. the shackles are coming off and the young lads are starting to show us what they can do. give it a few months if this form keeps up these kids will be flyin and the goals will be flowing. lot more to come from us yet. well done NW you can see they all love him he's like a grandad figure to them never mind a father figure. he'll give them the love and build their confidence and we'll keep seeing the results of that in their performances, UTB.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I know he didn't catch the massive lump forward but he would have done well to collect that. His attempt on goal was good work from him, it wasn't poor, he was on his wrong foot, took it beyond a defender and got a shot on target. What's poor about that? It's hardly the same as Britt and Tav's efforts. Tav had an open goal ffs.

As CT alluded to possibly on another thread, some people like to knock our young lads at every opportunity. I don’t get it. 

he’s really not played a lot yet gets criticised half way through the first half. Last game he got criticised after less than 10 minutes. He ended up having a good game overall and deserves credit for that, not criticism. 

but on a more positive note, what a great result against a team we’ve generally struggled against my entire life. 5th in the league is very good when you factor in the teams we’ve played. Dare I say, the football today while not amazing was also not too bad. 

Edited by sackrobson2
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

I agree with that. Morsy does remind me a lot of Leadbitter, however where they differ is I think Leadbitter aggression was more controlled than Morsy in his aggression or he channelled it to the right things, although having said that Morsy hasn't been sent off that many times in his career so maybe he does know what he's doing most of the time. 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, thomas said:

I agree with that. Morsy does remind me a lot of Leadbitter, however where they differ is I think Leadbitter aggression was more controlled than Morsy in his aggression or he channelled it to the right things, although having said that Morsy hasn't been sent off that many times in his career so maybe he does know what he's doing most of the time. 

Of course he does but as already mentioned fair play to theManager for spotting it and reminding Morsy that he is a team player and not an individual to settle a score.

You can bet Woody would have kept him on!

What is more pleasing for me is that confidence in home form has returned and I personaly no longer am concerned about home games.

Ask a question though are we doing better than anticipated through lack of fans in the ground? (apart from the obvious)

• Like 2
10 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Not being pedantic or wanting to upset others the absence of Friend and Clayton, Ayala and Shotton is now noticeable

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Of course he does but as already mentioned fair play to theManager for spotting it and reminding Morsy that he is a team player and not an individual to settle a score.

You can bet Woody would have kept him on!

What is more pleasing for me is that confidence in home form has returned and I personaly no longer am concerned about home games.

Ask a question though are we doing better than anticipated through lack of fans in the ground? (apart from the obvious)

I was thinking that! Every move that doesn't come off Booed, when a simple shout of encouragement would be better