• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My doodle entry. As Anglian says, hard to get any kind of control with the mouse!

Played 9, conceded 5 goals, the same as the much vaunted Watford Premiership defence. After last seasons abysmal showing then step forward Neil Warnock and his coaches, what a turnaround, take a bow,

One very special moment (This time I didn't cheat)

Posted Images

How refreshing to come on the forum and rejoice in so many positive uplifting postings. I hope NW takes time to read them and see the impact he is having on the supporters especially during these uncertain times.. 

i kept saying it was early to judge and we need to review in 10 to 15 games in but so far it’s been a pretty impressive development. My fear is the the squad size, what with fatigue, injury, bookings and being found out. We really don’t have the ability to step up or mix it up a bit and we still lack a threat on goal. On the other hand we are pretty well organised and not conceding. 

• Like 4

Nice glow of satisfaction this morning. We do look like a good side with great team spirit. Absolutely well done to Warnock and Co for turning it around 👍

• Like 4
29 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

How refreshing to come on the forum and rejoice in so many positive uplifting postings. I hope NW takes time to read them and see the impact he is having on the supporters especially during these uncertain times.. 

i kept saying it was early to judge and we need to review in 10 to 15 games in but so far it’s been a pretty impressive development. My fear is the the squad size, what with fatigue, injury, bookings and being found out. We really don’t have the ability to step up or mix it up a bit and we still lack a threat on goal. On the other hand we are pretty well organised and not conceding. 

Squad size is my main worry too.

Warnock seems to be doing a good job so far of rotating players in and out, to keep them fresh, but we are still only 9 games in and there is a long way to go.

Thats why I'm hoping Gibson manages to somehow finance a few more acquisitions in January. I'm sure by then injuries and general fatigue will be a real issue.

But other than that, its a case of so far, so good. The players look like they are growing into their roles and playing for each other, as well as the manager. Still a bit disjointed and chaotic in the final third, but hopefully NW can sort that out in due course.

30 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Squad size is my main worry too.

Warnock seems to be doing a good job so far of rotating players in and out, to keep them fresh, but we are still only 9 games in and there is a long way to go.

Thats why I'm hoping Gibson manages to somehow finance a few more acquisitions in January. I'm sure by then injuries and general fatigue will be a real issue.

But other than that, its a case of so far, so good. The players look like they are growing into their roles and playing for each other, as well as the manager. Still a bit disjointed and chaotic in the final third, but hopefully NW can sort that out in due course.

I think if we are there or there abouts we will see a couple if loans come in. Downside is I can see this being funded by a sale. 

Promotion this season could be one of the pivotal points in the clubs history. The extra finance will be massive in the climate we are in.

Morsy reminds me more of Besic in terms of his discipline. That lad could talk himself into a yellow card from a situation that he wasn't involved with. Remember when he would just square up to the ref after something went against him? Morsy's defensive game is about his tenacity, he's going to see a lot of yellow cards on that alone, we could do without him talking and reacting his way into the book out of nothing.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Morsy reminds me more of Besic in terms of his discipline. That lad could talk himself into a yellow card from a situation that he wasn't involved with. Remember when he would just square up to the ref after something went against him? Morsy's defensive game is about his tenacity, he's going to see a lot of yellow cards on that alone, we could do without him talking and reacting his way into the book out of nothing.

When has he been booked for talking though? He was booked for an elbow yesterday I thought?

4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

When has he been booked for talking though? He was booked for an elbow yesterday I thought?

I’m sure when Morsy was booked we were actually awarded the free kick. So it would appear it was for mouthing off 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I’m sure when Morsy was booked we were actually awarded the free kick. So it would appear it was for mouthing off 

He was booked because the Forest player wouldn’t let go of him when he tried to get the ball to take a quick free kick. He then swung his arms in frustration. The forest player should have been booked too. 

• Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, Borodane said:
35 minutes ago, Uwe said:

He was booked because the Forest player wouldn’t let go of him when he tried to get the ball to take a quick free kick. He then swung his arms in frustration. The forest player should have been booked too.

Yes this is what I thought. We won the free kick, but he was booked for the arm afterwards.

28 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Yes this is what I thought. We won the free kick, but he was booked for the arm afterwards.

Ah ok. 

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

I don't think we did get a freekick beforehand.  There was a foul on a Boro player but as we had the ball the ref waved play on, then the Forest play was hassling Morsy, and then he threw the arm.  The ref saw that then pointed to where he'd made that stupid foul earlier, and I think to another area where he'd made a foul but the ref had let Forest play on because they had the ball.  Then the ref booked him.  I think that was the sequence of events.

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

@Smogzilla

Quick turn round the Blackburn game is fast approaching do you hope to have the thread up soon?

Should be up at some point this evening 👍 just thinking about another challenge I could set to get the members creative juices flowing.

15 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I don't think we did get a freekick beforehand.  There was a foul on a Boro player but as we had the ball the ref waved play on, then the Forest play was hassling Morsy, and then he threw the arm.  The ref saw that then pointed to where he'd made that stupid foul earlier, and I think to another area where he'd made a foul but the ref had let Forest play on because they had the ball.  Then the ref booked him.  I think that was the sequence of events.

We definitely got the final free kick, even though he booked Morsy. 

He had given us a fairly pointless advantage, whilst watching Morsy getting clambered on.