oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

Boro v Nottingham Forest 1-0 (Johnson)

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

He got booked for swinging his arm at their lad and for the other stupid foul he did a few mins earlier. 

If he'd actually swung his arm at him, he'd have been off.

Nothing moment, but Forest are diving constantly.

• Like 1

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

If he'd actually swung his arm at him, he'd have been off.

Nothing moment, but Forest are diving constantly.

He did swing his arm though. You could see it on the other angle. Didn’t elbow the lad in the face or anything but it seemed clear what he did. 

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

He got booked for swinging his arm at their lad and for the other stupid foul he did a few mins earlier. 

I like that he's a battler but I don't think this is the first nor will it be the last daft yellow card he gets. He's one of those where you have to wonder if this now affects his game a little bit, knowing he's not got the safety net of a yellow card left.

• Like 1

How many decisions have been wrong so far? Shouldn’t be surprised by now but it’s unreal sometimes 

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

I like that he's a battler but I don't think this is the first nor will it be the last daft yellow card he gets. He's one of those where you have to wonder if this now affects his game a little bit, knowing he's not got the safety net of a yellow card left.

Yeah just needs to cut down the stupid fouls that he doesn’t need to commit. 

He swung his elbow into his chest. That's not a red card but you're not allowed to do it.

• Like 1

Lovely move by Boro there...great cross by Morsy...shame Britt heads it right up in the air. Somehow Boro get a corner.

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

He did swing his arm though. You could see it on the other angle. Didn’t elbow the lad in the face or anything but it seemed clear what he did. 

Yep. Just idiotic, more so when we had won the free kick.

On about Wood right now, I think he's done alright too but then I don't remember a single time Forest have been very close to our box, barring that shot from Yates that flew over the bar.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest Posts

• Good point and maybe use Bola as a striker due to his shooting ability, in fact has he ever played as a forward during his carrer?
    • I'm only interested in judging Players in a Boro shirt. I couldn't give  a stuff what any of them used to do or go on to do elsewhere. NML isn't fit, he doesn't look fit, he isn't mentally match sharp and looks well off the pace.  Currently he offers little and is only marginally more effective than Britt. We can't carry two passengers at this level. Harsh truth is he isn't an upgrade on Spence, he might come good at some point and go on to be great but I don't want it to be at our expense for where we are and for what we need right now. I also fear that we will have to indulge a half fit Bolaise at some point in the near future.  
    • They have to actually be a good manager at the same time though. Quite hard to find good managers that play good football that are willing to manage in this league. So more often then not they would have to come from abroad. Do we think Gibson is willing to go abroad again? Personally I don’t mind Warnock being here next season, as I really think we will be more competitive with players like Kebano and Bolasie having a full season. (I know leave at end of season, but hopefully they rejoin us, especially Kebano).  However, at the same time, I’m happy for the club to change things, as long as it is a good appointment which makes sense.  I am of the strong opinion though, that the grass isn’t always greener, and I fear that if we change manager, we will probably end up changing manager again come the summer, after the ‘transition’ season doesn’t work. Are we better off with Warnock, for one final season, to let him build on the foundations he has created this season, albeit under crap football, to make one last push for promotion? Or is it worth the risk of potentially going back to square one and changing manager, but with the hope that we play nice football and get results at the same time? Ultimately it’s Gibson choice.   
    • You don't like him much, do you? 🙂 Serious point though, Akpom is the only out and out striker contracted to the club beyond this season, so he should be the one playing now in my opinion.  Need to get him up and running somehow, we won't do that by sitting him on the bench.
    • Not too long to wait but the saddest part is whether or not Warnock will use him without him trying to sell himself