oneBoro Forum

Boro v Nottingham Forest 1-0 (Johnson)

21 hours ago, Barnaby said:

I don't think any of the games in the Championship are easy,I was impressed with Luton even if Forest were down to 10 men,I don't think Forest will be easy...But saying that our opening 8 games we've bagged 13 Pts which is more than I expected(a lot more)

I think we delight in the points total because expectation was pretty low mainly because of squad size and a poor transfer window. 
In reality we have won 3 games in 8 and when you put it that way it’s not so impressive. But then you could look at it and say if just one of the draws turned a win we would be in the playoffs or if two draws were converted into wins we would be second..
Looking at the table statistics supports your statement of how tough the league is, but it’s just the season starting and expected.

Our squad size worries me and it’s only a matter of time when managers work out each other tactics so lets see the table after 15 games and hopefully we might even see a bit of exciting football. OK ignore the last part ....  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My doodle entry. As Anglian says, hard to get any kind of control with the mouse!

Played 9, conceded 5 goals, the same as the much vaunted Watford Premiership defence. After last seasons abysmal showing then step forward Neil Warnock and his coaches, what a turnaround, take a bow,

One very special moment (This time I didn't cheat)

Posted Images

15 hours ago, SmogDane said:

Thanks, but it's just a doodle.. took me 10 minutes with oil brush and spray can in MS Paint 😁😅

Don't sell yourself short mate...it looks better than a lot of stuff you find hanging in some galleries. Sort of vague and abstract but with enough detail for it to be recognisable. 👍

It is pretty impressive for something done in MS Paint. Everything I do looks like it was drawn by a 4-year-old (but its hard to have any fine control with a mouse). ☹️

• Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Akpom doesn't have the 'rona, so we'll have him on the bench at least.

Yeah just seen this. He has a very heavy cold so not sure how much that has taken out of him. Would be tempted to leave him out v Forest so he fully recovered and ready for Blackburn n Brentford.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Yeah just seen this. He has a very heavy cold so not sure how much that has taken out of him. Would be tempted to leave him out v Forest so he fully recovered and ready for Blackburn n Brentford.

Stick 'im on the bench, give the lad a hot water bottle, he'll be fine

4 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

My doodle entry. As Anglian says, hard to get and kind of control with the mouse!

jun.jpg.708ee8da8480e2c0bbae7f84e0fe6d9d.jpg

Looks like Albert had a pretty hefty breakfast that day 🤣🤣

Love it 

• Haha 1

Forest unbeaten since Hughton was given the job there, but they've only won one of the four games.  Good squad on paper but not so good on the park.  Could be a decent time to play them before Hughton can really get them going, assuming he does.  The draw is probably the favoured result but maybe we can nick it by the odd goal.  Britt to shank at least one shot so badly that it curves around like a boomerang and hit's him on the back of the head.

3 hours ago, boro-unger said:

My doodle entry. As Anglian says, hard to get and kind of control with the mouse!

jun.jpg.708ee8da8480e2c0bbae7f84e0fe6d9d.jpg

Weirdly, I was going to do something from the game the season before, when Chris Morris tried to take Keith Gillespie's leg off.  Alas, I have absolutely no artistic talent whatsoever.  I can't even draw stick men 😭

9 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Don't sell yourself short mate...it looks better than a lot of stuff you find hanging in some galleries. Sort of vague and abstract but with enough detail for it to be recognisable. 👍

It is pretty impressive for something done in MS Paint. Everything I do looks like it was drawn by a 4-year-old (but its hard to have any fine control with a mouse). ☹️

I think a mouse wriggles around to much and they bite, its best to use the paint brush. 

• Haha 1