oneBoro Forum

Blackburn Rovers V Boro 0-0

Hello….again!

Warnock’s warriors march on. 4 wins from their last 6 have propelled our lovely lads up to the giddy heights of 5th in the league. Old Colin is somehow getting a decent tune out of this ragtag crew, bringing out good performances from players we were sure would be cut loose and sold. Magic!

We travel to Ewood park on Tuesday night to face Tony Mowbray’s Blackburn Rovers ™. Blackburn seem quite dangerous going forward, having scored 18 goals in 9 games. Adam Armstrong is in great form with 9 goals already this season. However, they do seem a bit shaky at the back. They have already shipped 13 goals and have lost 4 of their last 5 games. This feels like a game where we can pick up some more useful points!

Some questions to consider:

Will Coulson and Bola retain their places after a good showing last time out?

Have your expectations for this season changed after our good start?

Which Boro player (past or present) would you want with you if you were stuck on a desert island?

ALSO: BORO HAIKU!

After the success of the doodle competition I want to see your best attempts at boro-themed Haiku poetry! Winner to be chosen by me on Tuesday night (or Saturday if we win and I’m in charge of the match day thread again).

Just in case you aren’t aware - a Haiku is a simple 3 lines of poetry or prose. The first and last lines are 5 syllables long whilst the middle line is 7 syllables long. (5,7,5). It doesn’t have to rhyme!

Here is an example for you:

Tony

His trainers, ice-white. (5)

His tracksuit, immaculate. (7)

His football, dogsh!t. (5)

Good luck! 

• Like 4
  • Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, Stewart Downing Used to play for the Boro Now at Blackburn, slow

Things we have learned this week: - Boro's younger players aren't rubbish. - Boro's squad is capable of playing good football. - Playing good football doesn't lead to you conceding 5 go

Hell no she disappeared when the circus left town. When the light creeped through the plywood on the windows it would scare me because her glass eye would shine green. 

Posted Images

1) No. but I do expect them to feature later in the game

2) No. I’ve been a Boro fan too long and am just waiting for the Hurt to happen

3) George Friend

Pulis

He wears a silly cap

His football is bloody crap

Now he chats on sky

• Like 2

So Mogga is coming to visit.. once captain and leader during our liquidation days and who wouldn’t show him respect for that.. 

I am on a bit of a high but a bit cautious about this game because of there free scoring attitude and our lack in ability to hit the target. 
Granted we have a positive never give up attitude as we have seen over a few games scoring in the +80min but is it going to be enough. 
We are resolute in defense but can we hold them at bay long enough I’m not convinced. 
I'm afraid to say it and I hope I’m wrong but I’ll be happy with a point... 

• Like 1

Blackburn are on a bad run of form over last 6 games they have only returned 4 points same as Wycombe, Derby and Sheffield Wednesday. So they will be a reaction from them especially as the game is on sky. However I expect another defensive display where they have more of the ball pass it about at the back we press they make a blunder and we capatalise for the win. Warnock has turned us into a well oiled machine. What he has been able to do with Dijksteel and Bola is phenomenal. 

• Like 1

sand dancer you may be in luck as I was reading a report this am that suggested that Adam Armstrong, their main scorer may well be injured.

I'm hugely disappointed as it is a game I normally go to as well as the junior games at a fabulous training ground down by the river  Ribble not Tees.  As usual Mogga's defences are not fabulous so we do have a chance to score but he always seems to find a goal scorer or two form somewhere

1. Think it will be Spence and Johnson as wing backs for this one.

2. No. I expected a solid season of around mid-table and still expect this. We done well of late but think ultimately when the harsher winter months come in the injuries will also present themselves and then our think squad might be exposed.

3. Funnily enough it would be Tony Mowbray. Met him many times and just seems to be one of the most genuine and nicest blokes you could wish to meet. Always seems to have time for people. If not him then as per @Uwe suggestion of George Friend for same reasons as Mogga. Them two really should be father and son.

Maybe a good time to play Blackburn, they seem to have a injury/COVID list which means upto 9 players could miss the game including Adam Armstrong. Wonder if we’ll go back to akpom and britt as a pair 

1. I generally would say don't change a winning team but I think we probably will. I can see Roberts coming back into the team and Spence for Coulson.

2. I always felt the league was wide open this season so could see us finish absolutely anywhere outside the top 2. I think our squad size is the thing that will stop us challenging for the top 2 but I feel we have shown we can compete with anyone in this league in the 1st 2 games.

3. Clough would be an interesting character to be on a desert island with. Possibly Marvin Johnson after another motm performance I would like to know how he became such a legend here.

28 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

He’s 23 years old why can he only play once a week 

Somebody mentioned on here something about Warnock seeing him as a bit fragile or having to be used carefully.  It wasn't exactly stated like that, it was in relation to muscular issues I think.  If you look at him so far this season, the 5 games he's been here for go as follows:  bench, 78min, bench, 68mins, bench.  Doesn't mean he can't play more often of course, it just seemed to be the way it was going at the moment.  Interestingly, he hasn't even been brought on when he's been on the bench.

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

If we assume that Roberts is only going to play once per week usually, then would we rather he played in this one or the Brentford game?

I feel more this game as this is 3 point's we should and have to pick up. So will benefit from his attacking support. Brentford will be a defensive keep a clean sheet and hopefully nick a goal from a corner type game. Maybe throw Roberts on last 20 mins if we 1 down or something.