oneBoro Forum

Blackburn Rovers V Boro 0-0

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Somebody mentioned on here something about Warnock seeing him as a bit fragile or having to be used carefully.  It wasn't exactly stated like that, it was in relation to muscular issues I think.  If you look at him so far this season, the 5 games he's been here for go as follows:  bench, 78min, bench, 68mins, bench.  Doesn't mean he can't play more often of course, it just seemed to be the way it was going at the moment.  Interestingly, he hasn't even been brought on when he's been on the bench.

Yeah Warnock said in press the sports science department said his muscles tissue is very fragile due to the injuries he had. So they kinda wrapping him up in cotton wool and just playing him 70 mins a week at the moment. So his muscles have plenty of time between the games to recover. The question I have is what does he do in training? 

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, Stewart Downing Used to play for the Boro Now at Blackburn, slow

Things we have learned this week: - Boro's younger players aren't rubbish. - Boro's squad is capable of playing good football. - Playing good football doesn't lead to you conceding 5 go

Hell no she disappeared when the circus left town. When the light creeped through the plywood on the windows it would scare me because her glass eye would shine green. 

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

If we assume that Roberts is only going to play once per week usually, then would we rather he played in this one or the Brentford game?

I would start Roberts v Blackburn @Changing Times.

V Brentford i would be tempted to go with a 3.5.2 so we got a solid shape and can also hopefully ask questions of them.

I also think blackburn game will suit Roberts. Blackburn are an expansive team. They score a lot but are also questionable at back so will hopefully give Roberts space to ask questions of them

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

If we assume that Roberts is only going to play once per week usually, then would we rather he played in this one or the Brentford game?

It would make most sense to start with Roberts on the bench for the Blackburn game, but bring him on for Assombalonga in the final 30 minutes. That would have the dual benefit of keeping Assombalonga fresh for Saturday’s game against Brentford and slowly edging Roberts closer to fitness.

With us having both Assombalonga and Akpom fit now, we thankfully aren’t in a position that we’re going to have to take a risk with Roberts - who seems to be at a high risk of injury if he isn’t managed cautiously. In Assombalonga, Akpom and Roberts, we have 3 very good options for Warnock to balance winning games with their risk of injuries, so I think we’re in a relatively comfortable position to see us through to after this weekend.

Isn't a breath of fresh air that Warnock keeps on mixing the team up to suit the opposition? I personally don't believe in changing a winning team, but Warnock has got it spot on with the rotation.

We seem to be coping excellent with the transition from a back 5 to a 4 to suit the opposition tactics.

I think we will go back to a back 5 tomorrow to try and keep Armstrong quiet as he seems their major attacking threat. Blackburn score for fun but concede quite a lot of goals so the game is there for the taking again.

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Isn't a breath of fresh air that Warnock keeps on mixing the team up to suit the opposition? I personally don't believe in changing a winning team, but Warnock has got it spot on with the rotation.

We seem to be coping excellent with the transition from a back 5 to a 4 to suit the opposition tactics.

I think we will go back to a back 5 tomorrow to try and keep Armstrong quiet as he seems their major attacking threat. Blackburn score for fun but concede quite a lot of goals so the game is there for the taking again.

With you on this DL this will be a good game to watch, is it a red button game?

Should we score first then a win will be ours I believe

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

It's on Sky sport main event DS

looking at old tables from bygone seasons.

we are 1 point better off than when monk started the season with us (it was all downhill after an okay start). 

we are two points down on pulis full season. we did start off great tbf.

we are 7 points better off than woody this time last season.

we are same points as AK's playoff season.

we are 4 points down on AK promotion season.  in second place with 20 points, 3rd had 15 points so we'd still be second ha ha.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Reckon it will be 3-5-2 tomorrow with a few fresh faces. Very small squad and so many games between until january. WE only have two frit striker so I think they will be rotated to avoid injuries and still have an option on the bench. Think Marv will come in on the left and Bola and Coulson dropped to the bench. And if Fry is fit Wood will be benched to continue his slow inclusion into the first team. But it's very hard to tell what Warnock is going to do. 

Bettinelli

Dijksteel-Fry-Mcnair

Tav-Howson-Morsy-Saville-Johnson

Akpom-Roberts

The midfield three in Howson, Morsy and Saville are going to play a lot of minutes, as Wing doesn't look like he will get a lookin any time soon. A draw away is often a decent result, but Blackburn are on a horrible form and have plenty of players missing. They have scored the most goals in the league but 13 of their 18 goals have come in just three games. In the last six games they've only scored 5 goals. We kept Reading very quite so I fancy us to do the same tomorrow. We should go for the three points here to take the pressure of saturdays very tough fixture.

2 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Yeah it's on the red button, but I have been stupid enough to purchase from the website even though I have sky red button access.

Annoys me that there isn't any replays on the red button and 1 single camera use, whereas on the MFC website apart from listening to Maddo drown on, least it gives you more camera action footage.

What's your predictions? 

2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Yeah it's on the red button, but I have been stupid enough to purchase from the website even though I have sky red button access.

Annoys me that there isn't any replays on the red button and 1 single camera use, whereas on the MFC website apart from listening to Maddo drown on, least it gives you more camera action footage.

What's your predictions? 

Seemingly main event on Sky so not the red button which should allow plenty of links I would guess.

As said get in front of them first and with their defence we could have a very enjoyable away trip.

Going to be a good game either ways because it will not follow similar patterns as our last two home games.

Before hand would be content with a point but belief in this team allows me to think we are very capable in a win!

• Like 1