oneBoro Forum

Blackburn Rovers V Boro 0-0

1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Seemingly main event on Sky so not the red button which should allow plenty of links I would guess.

As said get in front of them first and with their defence we could have a very enjoyable away trip.

Going to be a good game either ways because it will not follow similar patterns as our last two home games.

Before hand would be content with a point but belief in this team allows me to think we are very capable in a win!

It's strange going into games feeling confident isn't it? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, Stewart Downing Used to play for the Boro Now at Blackburn, slow

Things we have learned this week: - Boro's younger players aren't rubbish. - Boro's squad is capable of playing good football. - Playing good football doesn't lead to you conceding 5 go

Hell no she disappeared when the circus left town. When the light creeped through the plywood on the windows it would scare me because her glass eye would shine green. 

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

Will Coulson and Bola retain their places after a good showing last time out?

Have your expectations for this season changed after our good start?

Which Boro player (past or present) would you want with you if you were stuck on a desert island?

1. They would if I was the gaffer, but then I wouldn't have brought Marvinho on in the last game, so I clearly know nothing about picking a team. Considering how thin our squad is, we're certainly rotating effectively.

2. Yes. I started the season full of trepidation, but now I'm actually feeling confident going into matches. We look transformed - in other words, we're finally seeing the potential of our squad after years of chronic mismanagement under Pulis and Woodgate. I don't really fear any team in the league, and I don't think a standout team has emerged even though we're a fifth of the way through the season, so why shouldn't we aspire to a play-off spot? 

3. Mark Schwarzer has always struck me as an intelligent and decent guy, and he probably wouldn't hog the only blanket on the island if you had to go top-to-toe at night.

Here's a haiku dedicated to Neil Warnock, should he be reading this (great substitutions lately, sir):

We've suffered a lot
But now we've got Warnock here
We look up, not down.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

It's strange going into games feeling confident isn't it? 😂

Indeed it is and I am not even sure I am posting on the oneBoro forum😉

I honestly believe the lack of atmosphere and crowd pressure is allowing teams to bond together even more, certainly with Boro we have all seen a "togetherness" and a willingness to keep going to the final whistle.

Boro are certainly showing that they are a Team

Will Coulson and Bola retain their places after a good showing last time out?

I think it depends entirely on whether or not NW thinks they are the right players to start against Blackburn. He seems to have no qualms about changing the team to suit the opposition. It looks like he intends to make full use of the squad, so anyone left out shouldn't feel too bad. They will all have a part to play this season.

Have your expectations for this season changed after our good start?

Part of me wants to say no...the long-suffering fan in me who has seen good starts go terribly wrong. Its still early days and the division is looking even more unpredictable than usual. OTOH we have played some of our toughest fixtures already and come out of them pretty well. I'd like to say we should be looking at a top 6 finish...but top 10 I think is still more realistic.

Which Boro player (past or present) would you want with you if you were stuck on a desert island?

Mark Schwarzer...Aussies are usually pretty handy in desert / survival situations. Plus he seems like a decent bloke.

WARNOCK

Man management god

See his angry pigeon strut

Gives Boro new hope

Back to the game, on paper this looks like another 3-pointer for us, based on the teams' respective form. However, as has been mentioned, Rovers do have a potent strike force that has been banging goals in for fun - at least until they played Swansea. Be interesting to see how our defence copes with that. Also, we're away from home...though without fans maybe thats not as big a deal as it usually is.

Starting to sound like a broken record, but this is another game I'd be happy with a point from...probably the minimum we should be looking for. Also, statistically, both teams are about due another draw. But Blackburn also ship a fair few goals, so we should get a few chances. Wouldn't be surprised if this pans out much like the Forest game.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

There's some dodgy syllable counting going on with a couple of these Haiku's 🤣🤣

I'm letting it slide though as they're quite entertaining. Some great entries so far!

You're right; I miscounted how many syllables were in seventy, embarrassing. Have fixed it.

14 minutes ago, Brunners said:

You're right; I miscounted how many syllables were in seventy, embarrassing. Have fixed it.

Oh no, I didn't mean to single anyone out 😬

Apologies  🤣

• Like 1

Will Coulson and Bola retain their places after a good showing last time out?

Think Warnock will switch to three at the back to try to contain Blackburn's forward players and include Roberts to make the most of Blackburn's poor defence.

I don't see too much of a problem with changing a winning team if it gives us a better opportunity of winning the game due to switching formation/certain players. Having a small squad will always impact that anyway. Easier to say that when it is currently bringing positive results though.

Have your expectations for this season changed after our good start?

No, I still see this as a season of righting the ship. We're in a great run of form but I wouldn't be shocked by a few slumps if our lack or creativity catches up on us or injuries pile up. 

Which Boro player (past or present) would you want with you if you were stuck on a desert island?

Gaizka Mendieta. Can't imagine I'd ever be sad again. 

16 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Stewart Downing has re-signed for Blackburn just in time to play us.

Yay - you just know he's going to play a blinder and either score from a free kick or at least get an assist.

Maybe we should have Morsy put in a heavy challenge on him early on. 😈

I think I'd probably stick with the 4-3-3 we played with against Forest. We actually looked quite threatening and made quite a few chances (for us). I'd like to see the Coulson/Bola partnership given some more time. There was a couple of plays against Forest that were almost Man City like by those two. 

Bettinelli

Djiksteel  Fry  Mcnair  Bola

Howson Tav Morsy 

Roberts                     Coulson  

Akpom