Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, Stewart Downing Used to play for the Boro Now at Blackburn, slow

Things we have learned this week: - Boro's younger players aren't rubbish. - Boro's squad is capable of playing good football. - Playing good football doesn't lead to you conceding 5 go

Hell no she disappeared when the circus left town. When the light creeped through the plywood on the windows it would scare me because her glass eye would shine green. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

With the players they have out injured we should look at this game as one we can win from the off. Got a feeling we will go with the 5 at the back as it is an away game. But honestly I think we looked good at the weekend, in parts, with the back 4 so I'd like us to go with that again. Bola and Coulson linked up well on Saturday and I'd like to see them both start again on the left hand side. 

I'd go for the below team (Injury/Illness permitting).

Bettinelli
Dijksteel, Wood, McNair, Bola
Howson, Tav, Saville
Roberts, Britt, Coulson

Tav has been great playing on the outside. Why but him central? 

3 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/efl-ifollow-streaming-revenue-explained-18975658

Article takes some quotes from the Colchester chairman about how the streaming revenue is split and goes to the clubs. Obviously this is League Two related, so not sure if the same applies to Championship.

Thanks for that mate.

Least we know club are getting some sort of money from us purchasing match stream passes.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Thanks for that mate.

Least we know club are getting some sort of money from us purchasing match stream passes.

Yeah although the service has it's issues and faults, it is a lot better to know the money is actually going to the clubs. Unlike the Prem's PPV system.

thought this might be interesting to see, here are the shots on target the opposition teams have had vs us this season and for comparison blackburn

1/ watford --2 ----- 5 - b/muff

2/ b/muff --- 4 ----- 1 - Wycombe

3/ qpr -------- 7 ----- 5 - derby

4/ barnsley - 1 ----- 5 - cardiff

5/ reading --- 1 ----- 4 - forest

6/ bristol ----- 0 ----- 4 - watford

7/ cardiff ----- 3 ----- 1 - coventry

8/ coventry -- 1 ------ 4 - reading

9/ forest ------ 1 ------ 3 - swansea

-----------------------------------------------------------------

looking at out stats, its pretty good viewing since that awful first half at qpr when they had most their chances. our keeper has barely been tested in the 6 games after. rovers have had most chances in most games if not all of them. so our keeper might get worked more than the last half dozen games but they are a depleted team we should be beating these atm. 2-0 boro.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Dynamo Kev said:

thought this might be interesting to see, here are the shots on target the opposition teams have had vs us this season and for comparison blackburn

1/ watford --2 ----- 5 - b/muff

2/ b/muff --- 4 ----- 1 - Wycombe

3/ qpr -------- 7 ----- 5 - derby

4/ barnsley - 1 ----- 5 - cardiff

5/ reading --- 1 ----- 4 - forest

6/ bristol ----- 0 ----- 4 - watford

7/ cardiff ----- 3 ----- 1 - coventry

8/ coventry -- 1 ------ 4 - reading

9/ forest ------ 1 ------ 3 - swansea

-----------------------------------------------------------------

looking at out stats, its pretty good viewing since that awful first half at qpr when they had most their chances. our keeper has barely been tested in the 6 games after. rovers have had most chances in most games if not all of them. so our keeper might get worked more than the last half dozen games but they are a depleted team we should be beating these atm. 2-0 boro.

I wonder how that coincides with Hall dropping out the team. I think a large part of our defensive stability comes from having 3 athletic defenders. We can press really high knowing that Fry and especially Djiksteel and McNair can comfortably deal with any balls over the top or one on one situations. 

Think we'll win this one as that's a hefty injury list Blackburn are dealing with. Still reckon they'll score though so we'll need to have our shooting boots on and take the chances their defence lets up. Hopefully Akpom and Roberts start.

My Haiku: An Ode to Marv

What is happening?

Marvin Johnson scored a goal

We thought he was poo

44 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Think we'll win this one as that's a hefty injury list Blackburn are dealing with. Still reckon they'll score though so we'll need to have our shooting boots on and take the chances their defence lets up. Hopefully Akpom and Roberts start.

My Haiku: An Ode to Marv

What is happening?

Marvin Johnson scored a goal

We thought he was poo

Do we own any of those?

Crazy to think we can actually move into second place with a win tonight considering all that's gone on in the last 15 months at the club. Tricky games for Swansea, Norwich and Bournemouth who are ahead of us.