oneBoro Forum

Blackburn Rovers V Boro 0-0

I would be surprised if Downing is anywhere near match fit and if he does play its probably a desperate move rather than a planned one from Mogga. Defensively, Derrick Williams and Daragh Lenihan have been really struggling and the pair had shockers at the weekend.

Throw into the mix that Mogga has been playing with a high back line, expecting his Keeper to come out of the box regularly to tidy up at the back. Pears apparently isn't quite tuned into that yet and as a consequence of the two plodders in front not helping any they look very susceptible. Getting in behind them could prove to be their Achilles heel.

I'd be tempted to exploit that with pace, looking for two of Spence, Tav, Roberts or Coulson exploiting that high line. No doubt we will see high balls over the top for Britt to run onto, just hope that his finishing is better than it was on Saturday. Mogga may however rethink his tactics and look to protect Pears by sitting deeper after conceding six goals in their last two games especially if he is without Armstrong at the other end.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, Stewart Downing Used to play for the Boro Now at Blackburn, slow

Things we have learned this week: - Boro's younger players aren't rubbish. - Boro's squad is capable of playing good football. - Playing good football doesn't lead to you conceding 5 go

Hell no she disappeared when the circus left town. When the light creeped through the plywood on the windows it would scare me because her glass eye would shine green. 

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Yay - you just know he's going to play a blinder and either score from a free kick or at least get an assist.

Maybe we should have Morsy put in a heavy challenge on him early on. 😈

Blackburn obviously very short of players if they have resigned Stewy who can not be match fir at all.

14 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Blackburn obviously very short of players if they have resigned Stewy who can not be match fir at all.

Not the case, I don't think. They've been trying to get Downing re-signed all summer, but have obviously finally come to an agreement.

He may not be match fit, but he will have most likely been training with them a few weeks, and has quite good fitness levels anyway.

It would be a surprise to see him start, but he's probably still pretty sharp.

4 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

Yeah it's on the red button, but I have been stupid enough to purchase from the website even though I have sky red button access.

Annoys me that there isn't any replays on the red button and 1 single camera use, whereas on the MFC website apart from listening to Maddo drown on, least it gives you more camera action footage.

What's your predictions? 

It's not on the red button, it's the actual live game, isn't it?

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah, it's on Sky Sports Football

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Yes you are right, my mistake. Saves me buying it for a change 👍.

Does any of the money go to the club from fans purchasing the match from the website or does it all go to IPLAYER?

29 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Yes you are right, my mistake. Saves me buying it for a change 👍.

Does any of the money go to the club from fans purchasing the match from the website or does it all go to IPLAYER?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/efl-ifollow-streaming-revenue-explained-18975658

Article takes some quotes from the Colchester chairman about how the streaming revenue is split and goes to the clubs. Obviously this is League Two related, so not sure if the same applies to Championship.

• Like 1

With the players they have out injured we should look at this game as one we can win from the off. Got a feeling we will go with the 5 at the back as it is an away game. But honestly I think we looked good at the weekend, in parts, with the back 4 so I'd like us to go with that again. Bola and Coulson linked up well on Saturday and I'd like to see them both start again on the left hand side. 

I'd go for the below team (Injury/Illness permitting).

Bettinelli
Dijksteel, Wood, McNair, Bola
Howson, Tav, Saville
Roberts, Britt, Coulson