oneBoro Forum

Brentford v Boro 0-0

Introduction

Nearly 9 months after my last matchday thread  I have fetched my dusty box of gifs from the loft ready for action. Ironically my last thread was our away trip to Brentford last season which ended in a 3-2 loss. Since then not much has been going on right?

Donald Trump GIF by GIPHY News

Empty stadiums have become the new norm and, dare I say it, seems to be suiting us just fine.

Sydney Fc Applause GIF by Hyundai A-League

Flourishing under Warnock we are unbeaten since the first game of the season filling the fans with a strange and surreal sense of optimism

bill nye GIF by NETFLIX

Although there has been one too many draws for the liking of most, epitomised in last nights 0-0 draw with Blackburn which saw a strong defensive performance..

you shall not pass the lord of the rings GIF

..and a toothless attack..

miss GIF by AS Roma

Brentford have had an average start to the season, adapting to the loss of key players from their BMW attack that very nearly propelled them to the promised land. They have however splashed the cash on former Boro target Ivan Toney

Make It Rain Money GIF by Desiigner

He does guarantee goals though..

deny fx networks GIF by Better Things

The Big Questions

Will we see Patrick Roberts feature or are his legs just too fragile?First Aid Help GIF by Four Rest Films

Will our strikers figure out how to score? 

confused rooster teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Or will it all be left to forum favourite George Saville?

no way what GIF

What do we think the score will be? 

michael cohen GIFZero GIF by memecandy

(Hi Neil if you are reading this,  I'm a big fan)

tv land fan GIF by nobodies.

Bear out..

bear have a good day GIF

• Like 8
  • Haha 3
  • Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction Nearly 9 months after my last matchday thread  I have fetched my dusty box of gifs from the loft ready for action. Ironically my last thread was our away trip to Brentford last seaso

It is progress. People need to remember where we nearly ended up last season. I can't believe the moaning.

I can't understand how anyone can sit there and say this is the same as Pulis. It is closer to what we saw under Karanka though I still wouldn't say it's really the same. It really goes to show just h

Posted Images

What is this strange feeling like the Karnaka era

(the promotion/play off years) 

Every game i feel we can get something and it's bloody nice to feel like that after years of dross. Il take a point now but can see Brentford being the team that will come close to stopping our unbeaten run but we'll get a nice set piece equaliser in the 80th minute. 2-2

• Like 2

No reason for thinking this but I can see NW going for a back 3 of Wood Fry and Paddy for this one. With Dijksteel and Bola as wing backs.

Suspect with Morsy out, Howson and Sav in middle. Akpom i anticipate will replace Britt in attack. Latter played 3 games on bounce as a lone striker. Would not be surprised to see Johnson on left of front 3.

Bettinelli

Wood Fry Paddy

Dijk Howson Sav Bola

Tav/Roberts, Akpom, Johnson

I think NW will set up to frustrate Brentford and try hit them on counter.

Hopefully we can come away with a draw at least.

@TLF10 I think we'll see a back 3 too. More to provide some defensive solidity against a team that is pretty on song attacking wise (Brentford are joint top scorers).

Although Blackburn didn't really test us too much in the first half, I did think they looked good on the break against us, especially when McNair and Dijksteel pushed up. Against a more clinical/higher quality team I can see us doing away with the back 4 to nullify Brentford's attacking strength.

I don't think we are quite in a position to go toe-to-toe with Brentford for the full 90 just yet. Saying that if we do line-up the same as the Blackburn game and start in the same manner, we could do very well, as long as we finish our chances.

nice game thread these days top work. meanwhile over on the brentford forum. its totally dead barely a post in days and the match day thread isnt even up yet. quietest oppo board this season by a mile. totally tinpot club. just goes to show how much they are punching above their weight, similar in size ot wycombe i guess eh.  (casts line out testing the waters)

anyhow to the game, they have been totally hit and miss so far. i'm guessing they will be miss vs us as everyone has been so far. trouble is are we going to actually convert our chances and put a game to bed for once. never seen a side like us in this division for ages. controlling the games so well but just cant score. but so dominant the opposition get nil still anyway.

14 hours ago, BearSmog said:

Introduction

Nearly 9 months after my last matchday thread  I have fetched my dusty box of gifs from the loft ready for action. Ironically my last thread was our away trip to Brentford last season which ended in a 3-2 loss. Since then not much has been going on right?

Donald Trump GIF by GIPHY News

Empty stadiums have become the new norm and, dare I say it, seems to be suiting us just fine.

Sydney Fc Applause GIF by Hyundai A-League

Flourishing under Warnock we are unbeaten since the first game of the season filling the fans with a strange and surreal sense of optimism

bill nye GIF by NETFLIX

Although there has been one too many draws for the liking of most, epitomised in last nights 0-0 draw with Blackburn which saw a strong defensive performance..

you shall not pass the lord of the rings GIF

..and a toothless attack..

miss GIF by AS Roma

Brentford have had an average start to the season, adapting to the loss of key players from their BMW attack that very nearly propelled them to the promised land. They have however splashed the cash on former Boro target Ivan Toney

Make It Rain Money GIF by Desiigner

He does guarantee goals though..

deny fx networks GIF by Better Things

The Big Questions

Will we see Patrick Roberts feature or are his legs just too fragile?First Aid Help GIF by Four Rest Films

Will our strikers figure out how to score? 

confused rooster teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Or will it all be left to forum favourite George Saville?

no way what GIF

What do we think the score will be? 

michael cohen GIFZero GIF by memecandy

(Hi Neil if you are reading this,  I'm a big fan)

tv land fan GIF by nobodies.

Bear out..

bear have a good day GIF

The best matchday thread of the season for me 👍 Well done mate.

I have a funny feeling we will see Akpom, Britt and Roberts all start together for this game.

I feel fairly confident of getting some sort of result so I am going for a 1-1 draw and us pulling back the draw late on.

How far Brentford have come in terms of being respected by so many opposition fans, a team we used to beat on a regular basis before the Pulis/Woodgate era.

Massive bench mark and I will take a draw now to go into the IB fortnight with a feelgood factor as far as we are concerned,.

Neutralising their Scandinavians is the key to the game. Stop supply to Toney and Forss and game is winnable. Put Sav and Morsy on the Dirty Danes and make it niggly, even though it is not the way we like to play. Once this game and Norwich are out of the way, we start to have a sequence of games against "middling" teams and our performances against them will determine the course of the season. At the moment I would not like to predict teams to be promoted or relegated, but it is significant that all the teams relegated from Prem last season are competitive, so would expect them to be in mix. I hope at least one fails to last course and also that one of teams promoted from Div 1 survives, just to give everybody hope. Time for Fry to make his size count and get his name on scoresheet, would accept a draw and be over the moon with a win, but don't want to be as sick as a parrot.