• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction Nearly 9 months after my last matchday thread  I have fetched my dusty box of gifs from the loft ready for action. Ironically my last thread was our away trip to Brentford last seaso

It is progress. People need to remember where we nearly ended up last season. I can't believe the moaning.

I can't understand how anyone can sit there and say this is the same as Pulis. It is closer to what we saw under Karanka though I still wouldn't say it's really the same. It really goes to show just h

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Yes. We are a far superior team than we have been since the UEFA cup final. 

Haha superior to the karanka years? Come on man. Were a well drilled, functional unit performing above our capabilities vs a side that finished 2nd and 4th in a more competitive league. With karankas side we knew that we had the quality up front to score goals even when we weren't playing well - we don't have that same assurances right now. 

4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Haha superior to the karanka years? Come on man. Were a well drilled, functional unit performing above our capabilities vs a side that finished 2nd and 4th in a more competitive league. With karankas side we knew that we had the quality up front to score goals even when we weren't playing well - we don't have that same assurances right now. 

looking at it, the defence is fast and strong, midfield we have more legs and out wide we have more pace. add goals to this team and we will be nailed on for a promotion push the way we looking this season. and if we did manage it the lads already here will be better equipped for the premier league than karankas mob. a young bunch to prem squad for years to come just add goals.

10 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Big time superior. No fannying about side to side crab football anymore. Be solid and get up and at them. Football the way it’s supposed to be. The goals will come the way we are playing. 
for your other point. A more competitive league? Come on man!!!! Every time we start to look good it’s only because everyone else must be crap..... Do you really believe that?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Big time superior. No fannying about side to side crab football anymore. Be solid and get up and at them. Football the way it’s supposed to be. The goals will come the way we are playing. 
for your other point. A more competitive league? Come on man!!!! Every time we start to look good it’s only because everyone else must be crap..... Do you really believe that?

I thought we looked very good at Blackburn. The rest of the season we've been scrapping our way to decent results. Which is fine, but no where near as good (or effective) as karankas football.

There was also a seaosn where we finished 12th in the Premier league after the uefa Cup final btw.

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I thought we looked very good at Blackburn. The rest of the season we've been scrapping our way to decent results. Which is fine, but no where near as good (or effective) as karankas football.

There was also a seaosn where we finished 12th in the Premier league after the uefa Cup final btw.

We have been in a steady decline since the cup final IMO. Pulis nearly arrested the slide and got vilified for it but it looks like Warnock has got a handle on it and it’s all good from here on in. Have a bit of faith NB4. 👍

2 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

we have been getting better every game not just blackburn game

We've grown more effective over the last few games and we look more solid every game, I agree with that. There were some signs at the weekend that we were trying to play more football and it really came to life on Tuesday - but until then it was a snooze fest, just look back st the match threads as the games unfolded 

• Like 1
Just now, Blanco said:

We have been in a steady decline since the cup final IMO. Pulis nearly arrested the slide and got vilified for it but it looks like Warnock has got a handle on it and it’s all good from here on in. Have a bit of faith NB4. 👍

Tuesday was extremely promising as I've said numerous times. But were only a few games into the seaosn, to compare that with what karanka achieved is crazy to me but each to their own.

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

We've grown more effective over the last few games and we look more solid every game, I agree with that. There were some signs at the weekend that we were trying to play more football and it really came to life on Tuesday - but until then it was a snooze fest, just look back st the match threads as the games unfolded 

You can’t use the match day threads as a guideline NB4. If we were 4-0 up at half time there would still be people moaning on it

Just now, Blanco said:

You can’t use the match day threads as a guideline NB4. If we were 4-0 up at half time there would still be people moaning on it

Not true. We drew 0-0 on Tuesday and the mood was unaminously positive throughout, apart from towards the end where the substitutions were questionable 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

in the second half vs forest the young lads really started to try and express themselves and play. its confidence brewing. if coulson and spence get us goals they will be really dangerous. spence looks so much better now. hes really grew into the team i'm sure coulson will before to long. we need more from them as johnson isnt good enough is he. tav needs a goal to. they will be inconsistand as young lads are but hopefully it will be better as we more along.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Not true. We drew 0-0 on Tuesday and the mood was unaminously positive throughout, apart from towards the end where the substitutions were questionable 

I was really annoyed we didn’t win 🤪🤪🤪

Agree with your earlier comment “each to their own” Keep the faith my northern friend 😃

trump hugging flag GIF by Saturday Night Live

I am the victor because I said I am. 
As the world has gone absolute crazy I’m going for a BORO 5-0 win.. if we don’t win by 5 I am demanding a goal recount until the score line shows we did..... 

• Haha 6

Having watched sides this year in the Championship we are the best they is in the league and in this game we are going to make a statement 2-0 Boro win. We have saved Roberts for this let's hope he get's goal and Akpom assist 😁

• Like 1