• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction Nearly 9 months after my last matchday thread  I have fetched my dusty box of gifs from the loft ready for action. Ironically my last thread was our away trip to Brentford last seaso

It is progress. People need to remember where we nearly ended up last season. I can't believe the moaning.

I can't understand how anyone can sit there and say this is the same as Pulis. It is closer to what we saw under Karanka though I still wouldn't say it's really the same. It really goes to show just h

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Blanco said:

What’s not to like about that performance again today? Fantastic game management again by Warnock. We are definitely going to be in the mix at the end of the season 

The fact that, er, we didn't score, look like scoring, or ever have a moment of excitement?

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Here’s my conspiracy. Warnock sets his team up to defend and hope that we fluke something down the other end. Roberts doesn’t fit into that so doesn’t play. 

Pulis time and time again got absolutely mullered for exactly what Warnock is doing now. 

Yeah but Warnock is a nice guy, Pulis is a slimeball

There's only so many times you can try to claim Coulson is a full back, given he's played more games as a winger in his career.

He was a winger in his youth, he was a winger in half of the games under Woodgate, he's been a winger in virtually every game for Warnock.

He might not be a great winger, but that doesn't mean he's a fullback.

12 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Pulis would of been absolutely crucified for this but well done on Warnock on making us so hard to beat and getting results👍.

I have always said I don't mind watching boring football, providing that it gets us results.

Only criticism I have atm is his substitution are too much like for like for me. Wouldn't of mind seeing us go Britt and Akpom up top together for last 20mins or change the shape in someway - but he can justify his decisions with getting points on the board, I just feel if we went for it in the last 20mins of games against Blackburn and today that we could of got more pts on the board. 

I have to say Dijksteel is impressing me more and more at CB, I was sceptical after 1st few games because I thought he would struggle in aerial duels but he is performing extremely consistently and is looking better as the games progress.

I've seen us play better football under Warnock than the whole time Pulis was here. Pulis is a ***. Plus Warnock is way more likeable than that dinosaur.  I do agree tho about the subs were making them too late aswell.  All about opinions tho that's what makes this forum great. 

4 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Is it? We are playing full backs as our wingers, and playing with 1 completely isolated striker up top. It’s exactly the same as 2 years ago. The only difference is the expectation is now lower. It’s been a Steve Gibson masterclass. 

Yeah I think the Pulis era was the most negative football I've seen in my life. Sometimes we were playing with 4 or 5 centre backs and four holding midfielders. 

We were sat on the edge of our own box and gifting possession to our opponents and that also happened at home to teams who were at the bottom of the table. 

I've watched our last 2 away games and for spells we are defending high up the pitch and getting players into forward positions, we rarely saw that in Pulis' second season. 

I know we don't play flowing football  and there's not a lot of quality in our team but I think comparisons with Pulis are harsh. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Hopefully Saville and McNair come back out the other hand of the international break without injury.

If Morsy and Hall are back fit as well, we'll be well set.

Totally agree with this. Add a fit Robert’s and Fletcher and we have lots of options. Great to go 10 unbeaten without these players available. Don’t forget how bad we were only a few months ago under JW. I’m definitely happier to be pushing for promotion rather than fighting relegation. 

• Like 2