oneBoro Forum

Brentford v Boro 0-0

Managed to watch the first 30 minutes, so I am basing this next part on that.

Thought we looked half decent going forward, lacking an incisive final pass again though. Thought we coped with Brentford well, although when we got caught out of possession they were a real threat on the counter. Last bit I remember watching was Da Silva (?) getting the red carpet laid out in front of him and hooking his shot wide.

Pre-game 100% I would have taken a point, and from the first 30 minutes I watched I think a draw was a fair result.

How did the other 60 mins shape up? Was it more of the same in terms of the first 30? Or did Brentford (or us) gain more momentum?

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction Nearly 9 months after my last matchday thread  I have fetched my dusty box of gifs from the loft ready for action. Ironically my last thread was our away trip to Brentford last seaso

It is progress. People need to remember where we nearly ended up last season. I can't believe the moaning.

I can't understand how anyone can sit there and say this is the same as Pulis. It is closer to what we saw under Karanka though I still wouldn't say it's really the same. It really goes to show just h

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

This is not a moan at all before the game was happy to take a point but boy with a bit more effort Brentford were there for the taking.

Again the game screamed for Roberts to play a part.

However overall very pleased with the progress

Maybe not you but others are.

6 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Managed to watch the first 30 minutes, so I am basing this next part on that.

Thought we looked half decent going forward, lacking an incisive final pass again though. Thought we coped with Brentford well, although when we got caught out of possession they were a real threat on the counter. Last bit I remember watching was Da Silva (?) getting the red carpet laid out in front of him and hooking his shot wide.

Pre-game 100% I would have taken a point, and from the first 30 minutes I watched I think a draw was a fair result.

How did the other 60 mins shape up? Was it more of the same in terms of the first 30? Or did Brentford (or us) gain more momentum?

that was their best chance. there was a bit of a scrabble and we cleaed away from the line second half. thats as good as it got for them. last 15 they looked tired and gave the ball away in their half a few times we flopped every opportunity without testing the keeper really. apart from a wing chance at a narrow angle he hit hard but keeper well behind it to force it over. routine save really.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Certainly not you, because I remember a bold (or tongue in cheek) prediction of 5-0, but a number of us said we would be happy to end up with a point and when we did, they weren't...  either way, as someone who obviously cares about the team has been known to say..  UTB 

Yepp 5-0 win was a tongue in cheek but  my posts from the start I think 3 to 4 times I said a draw.... 

I also said I would settle for the draw previous game but was disappointed not taking all three points... 

I don’t think the forum is criticising our position in the league but more in how we are achieving it.. We can’t expect to defend our way through a season.. 

Edited by sanddancer
19 minutes ago, BoroBoy1989 said:

Some people just have an agenda against Warnock, point blank. Many on here were predicting a relegation scrap this season. 

I agree it’s disappointing to an extent that Roberts didn’t get on for the last 2 games, but if you’re arguing Warnock’s currently doing a bad job then it’s pretty obvious you just don’t like the man 

You dont have to think he's doing a bad job to be unhappy with the direction we've gone in. Im just bored. It frustrates me watching us trying not to lose every game. Some people watch football for results, I watch football for entertainment. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

You dont have to think he's doing a bad job to be unhappy with the direction we've gone in. Im just bored. It frustrates me watching us trying not to lose every game. Some people watch football for results, I watch football for entertainment. 

So you’d rather draw 3-3 then win 1-0?

When I watch footy on TV, it’s for entertainment, but when it comes to my own team I couldn’t give a toss about entertainment. Results no matter the cost.

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

When I watch footy on TV, it’s for entertainment, but when it comes to my own team I couldn’t give a toss about entertainment. Results no matter the cost.

I’d rather win 4-3

So glass half full or half empty? 
Middlesbrough manager Neil Warnock told BBC Radio Tees:

"When you play Brentford away you have to be happy with a point and a clean sheet.

"But it's tinged with a bit of disappointment because we could have won the game, we had to win battles and we did.

"It's a difficult time at the moment and fans have got to gave something to look forward to and I think we're giving them that at the moment."

20 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Fair enough mate, I know I’ve had enough of getting stuffed 3 and 4 nil with spineless performances whilst  trying to play ‘entertaining’ football. 

Warnock will do for me for now 

5 minutes ago, BoroBoy1989 said:

Fair enough mate, I know I’ve had enough of getting stuffed 3 and 4 nil with spineless performances whilst  trying to play ‘entertaining’ football. 

When did this happen like?

8 minutes ago, BoroBoy1989 said:

I really do love the “if you try to play entertaining football you’ll get stuffed 3 and 4 nil” argument. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Warnock isn't going to change his methods at 97 years of age, especially when his record is so good in this division. It seems like the club are happy with the direction we are going as are the majority of fans so nothing is going to change.

We have improved enormously from when he took over and I think he's got most of our players playing close to their potential, I know everyone wants to see attacking football but I'm happy with how things are going on the whole.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, DurhamRed said:

The trouble is we should be joint top if we got a goal here and at Blackburn 

I think this is brilliant.
Look how things have turned around.
Say what you want about NW but it's been a bloody long time since we had the chance to have a bit of a moan (this is not a dig by the way DR) about not doing enough to be top of the league.

Personally I was hoping for a bit more attacking intent today. But then again. I do not have anything like the tactical nonce that NW has.

What we want to see and what the team can realistically produce are the reason NW is here. 10 games unbeaten!!
Last season it was 10 games continually beaten.
That's one hell of a turnaround.

I hope NW stays for more than just one term. In this guy I have faith.

• Like 4
45 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Thats not the choice though is it?