oneBoro Forum

Brentford v Boro 0-0

10 hours ago, sanddancer said:

NO.. 

Unless its a free and SG finds more money for wages,I can't see that happening...I'm not sure how much comes in from media,There can't be much...I'm just hoping this months lockdown works so far the kids are off the streets and we can get money coming through the turnstiles

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction Nearly 9 months after my last matchday thread  I have fetched my dusty box of gifs from the loft ready for action. Ironically my last thread was our away trip to Brentford last seaso

It is progress. People need to remember where we nearly ended up last season. I can't believe the moaning.

I can't understand how anyone can sit there and say this is the same as Pulis. It is closer to what we saw under Karanka though I still wouldn't say it's really the same. It really goes to show just h

Posted Images

9 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

But our accomplishments are literally measured against the other teams in the division? That's how it works? There are, right now, 17 teams who are sat below us because regardless of our philosophy or capabilities, they just don't have as many points on the board. Of course the quality in the rest of the division matters. The way you're putting it makes it sound like we'd finish midtable even if we were in League One, League Two, National League etc. There has to be teams who you think are better than we are if you're convinced we can't even come close to competing with them. You think we'll finish in midtable but can't even name one side who you think are better than us let alone 6, 7 or 8?

I haven't seen one side Yet in this division that's Beasted us and I don't expect to either

1 hour ago, Barnaby said:

Unless its a free and SG finds more money for wages,I can't see that happening...I'm not sure how much comes in from media,There can't be much...I'm just hoping this months lockdown works so far the kids are off the streets and we can get money coming through the turnstiles

I said no for a few reasons. The club is cutting the cloth to fit the town. The second in this hard unpredictable time it’s hard for any investor to plough money into a unpredictable businesses as football because the odds of actually getting a return on investment is extremely slim. We have all seen throwing money in hope of promotion is futile even in favourable times. The third, footballers and agents have milked the system for far to long, they are fragile, over paid demanding divas with little or no moral. 
I say use the system to bring the next generation of footballers through the club and not just educating them about the game but values and managing life in general. it’s of no surprise athletes from deprived areas have hunger and appetite  to succeed. 
We have a relatively young squad averaging, I think 25 years old and if it was just a bit bigger and with a decent forward and wing man I would be content.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I said no for a few reasons. The club is cutting the cloth to fit the town. The second in this hard unpredictable time it’s hard for any investor to plough money into a unpredictable businesses as football because the odds of actually getting a return on investment is extremely slim. We have all seen throwing money in hope of promotion is futile even in favourable times. The third, footballers and agents have milked the system for far to long, they are fragile, over paid demanding divas with little or no moral. 
I say use the system to bring the next generation of footballers through the club and not just educating them about the game but values and managing life in general. it’s of no surprise athletes from deprived areas have hunger and appetite  to succeed. 
We have a relatively young squad averaging, I think 25 years old and if it was just a bit bigger and with a decent forward and wing man I would be content.

Well Warnock always said he wanted 4 strikers.

12 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

10 games unbeaten is a hell of an achievement, especially considering where we were at last season.

All down to Warnock and his coaching staff. Yes it's not pretty but it's bloody effective.

It does sound better then saying we have won 4 games from 11.. 😂

7 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Well Warnock always said he wanted 4 strikers.

I always wanted a Mercedes but the VW does a decent job.. 

I understand why he would and let’s be honest and frank, should he have got his wish and given our transformation I reckon we could have seen a points tally matching our promotion from second to first devision. Oh my I remember it so well, happy days. 

2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

@sanddancer were you not one of the posters who in pre season was convinced we were in for another season of struggle and yet now are not overly happy with fact we are currently challenging play offs?

He said a few weeks ago that we could finish in the top 10 if we signed a few players. Well we didn't sign any players so I'm guessing he expects a bottom half finish. 

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

@sanddancer were you not one of the posters who in pre season was convinced we were in for another season of struggle and yet now are not overly happy with fact we are currently challenging play offs?

Why are you asking me the question surly you must have researched my posts. 
Not sure what you are quoting me on but at the time of writing it would be a fair assumption of where we were and my thoughts at that time.
Why do you assume I’m not content with our current position and what is the meaning of overly happy? 
I guess saying challenging a play off after 11 games in and 4 wins under our belt could be viewed as exciting don’t you think.. 

8 minutes ago, Duvel said:

He said a few weeks ago that we could finish in the top 10 if we signed a few players. Well we didn't sign any players so I'm guessing he expects a bottom half finish. 

Why would you guess that’s what I would be thinking Duvel if it’s there in writing what I thought at the time of posting. 

11 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Why would you guess that’s what I would be thinking Duvel if it’s there in writing what I thought at the time of posting. 

Its a pretty easy assumption to make based on what you said.