• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction Nearly 9 months after my last matchday thread  I have fetched my dusty box of gifs from the loft ready for action. Ironically my last thread was our away trip to Brentford last seaso

It is progress. People need to remember where we nearly ended up last season. I can't believe the moaning.

I can't understand how anyone can sit there and say this is the same as Pulis. It is closer to what we saw under Karanka though I still wouldn't say it's really the same. It really goes to show just h

Posted Images

Here is my conspiracy theory re Roberts. NW doesn't really fancy him as he doesn't fit into his formations, but, our agreement with Man City dictates that if fit he must be in the matchday squad. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

OMG this is just painful to watch.

Boro having so much possession, actually playing some nice football...but still can't create any good scoring chances.

So frustrating!

Would help if Warnock wasn’t afraid to put on a creative player. 

• Like 1

Certainly not the worst point you'll pick up all season, we made them look bloody ordinary but goodness me, some actual quality in the final third and we could have taken all 3. It was good to see us still go for it at the end and not give them a chance to even get into our half very often in the last 10 minutes or so. I just think ffs, if Roberts comes on even for those last 5-10 minutes, he could make a difference.

• Like 2

Can't really knock the performance or a point away at Brentford. Only one I'm not sold on is Coulson... think Roberts or even Marv offer more.

If we can become more threatening from counter-attacks and set pieces then we're in for a good season imo. 

Just now, pikerman said:

Here is my conspiracy theory re Roberts. NW doesn't really fancy him as he doesn't fit into his formations, but, our agreement with Man City dictates that if fit he must be in the matchday squad. 

Here’s my conspiracy. Warnock sets his team up to defend and hope that we fluke something down the other end. Roberts doesn’t fit into that so doesn’t play. 

Pulis time and time again got absolutely mullered for exactly what Warnock is doing now. 

Well, I predicted another draw and can't say I'm too disappointed. Think it was a fair result, overall.

Just a bit frustrating that we can't actually turn our spells of possession and decent creative play into good goalscoring chances..and that we continue to fluff the very few clear chances we do create.

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Certainly not the worst point you'll pick up all season, we made them look bloody ordinary but goodness me, some actual quality in the final third and we could have taken all 3. It was good to see us still go for it at the end and not give them a chance to even get into our half very often in the last 10 minutes or so. I just think ffs, if Roberts comes on even for those last 5-10 minutes, he could make a difference.

We’d 100% be in the top 2 if we had some more quality up top. Wide areas and centrally. 

• Like 1

clueless in their oppo box aint we. could have really put them to the sword in the last 15 there. they were hanging on, totally out of puff and we were swarming all over them stopping them from getting out of their half. ivan toni was totally isolated and looked like a cf playing for us lol. just one shot on target from brentford and keeper put his cap on it. add goals we walk this league.

• Like 1

God we are BORING. I will never celebrate a 0-0 draw with that little attacking intent. We used to batter these every time under Karanka, now we're somehow blessed to scrape a point away at the mighty Brentford.

So bored of watching us set up for a draw. Any manager can do that. Stop fannying about and get Roberts and Tav up the pitch in support of 2 strikers. Zzzzzzzz.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1