• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction Nearly 9 months after my last matchday thread  I have fetched my dusty box of gifs from the loft ready for action. Ironically my last thread was our away trip to Brentford last seaso

It is progress. People need to remember where we nearly ended up last season. I can't believe the moaning.

I can't understand how anyone can sit there and say this is the same as Pulis. It is closer to what we saw under Karanka though I still wouldn't say it's really the same. It really goes to show just h

Posted Images

1 minute ago, BoroSmoggie said:

We’d 100% be in the top 2 if we had some more quality up top. Wide areas and centrally. 

If we had more quality up top, they’d be sitting alongside Roberts on the bench. 

Stop moaning

We have nullified the two most scoring teams so far in the last two games.

And regarding Roberts.. there must clearly be something we know nothing of.. Have faith 

We are in a good position

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Here’s my conspiracy. Warnock sets his team up to defend and hope that we fluke something down the other end. Roberts doesn’t fit into that so doesn’t play. 

Pulis time and time again got absolutely mullered for exactly what Warnock is doing now. 

There's different versions of being defensive, at the height of the Pulis criticism we were literally playing with 10 men behind the ball. 

This isn't great to watch but its far more positive than Pulis served up. We are actually committing bodies forward when we have the ball. 

• Like 2

Pulis would of been absolutely crucified for this but well done on Warnock on making us so hard to beat and getting results👍.

I have always said I don't mind watching boring football, providing that it gets us results.

Only criticism I have atm is his substitution are too much like for like for me. Wouldn't of mind seeing us go Britt and Akpom up top together for last 20mins or change the shape in someway - but he can justify his decisions with getting points on the board, I just feel if we went for it in the last 20mins of games against Blackburn and today that we could of got more pts on the board. 

I have to say Dijksteel is impressing me more and more at CB, I was sceptical after 1st few games because I thought he would struggle in aerial duels but he is performing extremely consistently and is looking better as the games progress.

• Like 2
Just now, Duvel said:

There's different versions of being defensive, at the height of the Pulis criticism we were literally playing with 10 men behind the ball. 

This isn't great to watch but its far more positive than Pulis served up. We are actually committing bodies forward when we have the ball. 

Is it? We are playing full backs as our wingers, and playing with 1 completely isolated striker up top. It’s exactly the same as 2 years ago. The only difference is the expectation is now lower. It’s been a Steve Gibson masterclass. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Do we think Gibson will buy in January if we are still going like we are? 

Personally, with no money coming in I don't see it. Unless we sell someone. 

• Like 1

Am I the only one delighted with a point against Brentford? This morning I would have settled,..That's 7 games now without conceding a goal...You have to give credit for that...Well done lads

• Like 2

What’s not to like about that performance again today? Fantastic game management again by Warnock. We are definitely going to be in the mix at the end of the season 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Only got to listen, not watch, but it sounds like it could easily have gone either way. Still unbeaten and hardly conceding any goals. Can't be too bad! 

Five full backs in the starting 11 and no attacking ambition. It wasn’t great was it?

• Like 1