• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction Nearly 9 months after my last matchday thread  I have fetched my dusty box of gifs from the loft ready for action. Ironically my last thread was our away trip to Brentford last seaso

It is progress. People need to remember where we nearly ended up last season. I can't believe the moaning.

I can't understand how anyone can sit there and say this is the same as Pulis. It is closer to what we saw under Karanka though I still wouldn't say it's really the same. It really goes to show just h

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

We simply draw far to many games and we are set up to score by fluking a set piece. However our set pieces are horrendous. I thought Warnock would be coaching us set piece routines 

Barring today, our set pieces deliveries have been absolutely excellent all season.

It's the people on the end of them that are failing.

We should have scored 3 or 4 from them in the last match.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, White Band said:

We did plenty of attacking but didn't do so well in the final third

That’s kind of saying we advanced had a good look and stayed in no mans land waiting for the battle to finish. 

Warnock saying he didn't want to bring on Roberts because Brentford were too good in midfield and he thought it would be too risky, which I'd understand if Saville or Morsy had been playing, but it doesn't make sense as an excuse with Wing playing and struggling badly.

6 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Yeah I think the Pulis era was the most negative football I've seen in my life. Sometimes we were playing with 4 or 5 centre backs and four holding midfielders. 

We were sat on the edge of our own box and gifting possession to our opponents and that also happened at home to teams who were at the bottom of the table. 

I've watched our last 2 away games and for spells we are defending high up the pitch and getting players into forward positions, we rarely saw that in Pulis' second season. 

I know we don't play flowing football  and there's not a lot of quality in our team but I think comparisons with Pulis are harsh. 

I mean... only 3 teams have scored less goals than us in the whole league. We’ve scored 4 in our last 7 games. We practically play with full backs with wing backs in front of them. For much of this season we have started with 5 at the back with 3 defensive minded midfielders in front of them. We are in exactly the same position in the league as Pulis left us. Honestly, the only difference is expectation. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Warnock saying he didn't want to bring on Roberts because Brentford were too good in midfield, which I'd understand if Saville or Morsy had been playing, but it doesn't make sense as an excuse with Wing playing. 

But why didn't he bring him on against Blackburn is more the question I have

9 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I mean... only 3 teams have scored less goals than us in the whole league. We’ve scored 4 in our last 7 games. We practically play with full backs with wing backs in front of them. For much of this season we have started with 5 at the back with 3 defensive minded midfielders in front of them. We are in exactly the same position in the league as Pulis left us. Honestly, the only difference is expectation. 

I'm not saying that we aren't defense first, we are a team that goes out to stop other teams playing and then go from there. 

Where we disagree is the Pulis comparison. I think people look at our goals scored column and assume its the same as Pulis, it isn't. 

Its the same as posters saying that we were a similar team under Karanka as we were under Pulis. They were totally different ways of playing. 

Edited by Duvel
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Warnock saying he didn't want to bring on Roberts because Brentford were too good in midfield and he thought it would be too risky, which I'd understand if Saville or Morsy had been playing, but it doesn't make sense as an excuse with Wing playing and struggling badly.

This is absolute rubbish. But honeslty, thats all I expect from his press conferences. They get a laugh on occasion and he's all about the Churchill style speeches but its more bull than not. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Let’s not kid ourselves most of us are content with a point but let’s put it this way. What’s better 6 draws and six points or 2 wins, 6 points and 4 looses giving it a go.. 

Not sure about anyone else, but I would much rather draw 6 than lose 4.

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I think Warnock said that Brentford were very physical in midfield as well so he didn't think the game suited him today. 

I thought the game was there for the taking at half time but I'm not angry with a point either.