• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction Nearly 9 months after my last matchday thread  I have fetched my dusty box of gifs from the loft ready for action. Ironically my last thread was our away trip to Brentford last seaso

It is progress. People need to remember where we nearly ended up last season. I can't believe the moaning.

I can't understand how anyone can sit there and say this is the same as Pulis. It is closer to what we saw under Karanka though I still wouldn't say it's really the same. It really goes to show just h

Posted Images

shot on target against us looking better reading after every game. 

1/ watford --2 

2/ b/muff --- 4 

3/ qpr -------- 7 

4/ barnsley - 1 

5/ reading --- 1 

6/ bristol ----- 0 

7/ cardiff ----- 3

8/ coventry -- 1 

9/ forest ------ 1

10/ bburn----- 1

11/ bford------ 1

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

I know it wasn't, mate.  It never is because these questions always focus on the negative outcomes instead of the positive ones.  Six draws or two wins with four defeats.  Why not win some of them instead?  There still seems to be a mindset that if you try to win games you will lose them, not necessarily from you I should add, it just seems to pervade the forum.  We can try and win games and then actually win them.  That's a potential outcome as much as trying to win and losing.

Its the same thing when you suggest we should try to attack and win games and youre told we tried that under woodgate and look where it got us. Those aren't the only two choices. The best teams try to win games, simple as. Were not getting near promoted this season without a serious change of mindset, which is a shame because the league seems to be relatively weak this year. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I know it wasn't, mate.  It never is because these questions always focus on the negative outcomes instead of the positive ones.  Six draws or two wins with four defeats.  Why not win some of them instead?  There still seems to be a mindset that if you try to win games you will lose them, not necessarily from you I should add, it just seems to pervade the forum.  We can try and win games and then actually win them.  That's a potential outcome as much as trying to win and losing.

I think you're getting into a very abstract point for a question that was essentially "which way would you prefer to get six points".

9 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

little attacking intent? not sure about that, we get bodies forward and on the edge of area etc. we just incapable of doing anything. decent wingers today with the space we had out wide would have had these on toast mate. we are just not good enough. nothing to do with lack of intent.

I don't disagree with you mate actually thinking back. The intent is definitely there, we just don't have anywhere near the players to carry it out. Just gutting to think how open this league is, any half-decent team could turn it over. Can't help but think our Karanka promotion winning team would be absolutely ****** the league.

15 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Before most of the games we've played, most of the unhappy posters have expressed their belief in a worse result than we've actually got, then complained when we have done better than they thought we would. We all know it isn't pretty but it is still 100% better than last year and virtually every player has shown a willingness to work for a result. Maybe I am old-fashioned for thinking supporters should praise the team more than criticise it but some just seem to be obsessed with nit-picking their way through a game. Nobody played badly, some played better than others. The Norwich game will probably be pretty similar to this, but after that we have a run of games where we will be regarded as favourite to win till the end of the year, apart from Swansea and that is when we might see a bit more adventurous play. Everyone has the right to criticise but every now and then, point out something we have done well. I would like to see more exciting goalfests, but this season, the teams are so evenly matched that keeping a decent goal difference could be the difference between success and failure.       

Who are they? 

Just now, Brunners said:

I think you're getting into a very abstract point for a question that was essentially "which way would you prefer to get six points".

I know what the question was mate.  I'm saying that the question is the problem, don't you see that?  I don't think Sanddancer's point was to explore the best way to accumulate six points.  He's saying that greater ambition might lead to more than that, whilst pointing out that if it didn't work out as well as we'd hoped, it might not actually work out worse, which is the mindset on here.

• Like 2

warnock knows what hes doing i'd say. maybe the gaffa knows we are cack at finishing and weak going forward so he sets up to be more solid. as attacking me leaves us more vulnerable at the back without the reward of more goals because we cant take advantage of the promising opportunities we get into. missed saville and morsy today didnt we. wing found it really hard and was getting run off the ball a lot. cant fault his workrate though. he gave it all so well played for that. just looked a little off the pace, probably down to lack of game time more than anything.

10 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

My point was exactly that.. it was the same with England past, who went out not to get beat but not to win. 

Some people just have an agenda against Warnock, point blank. Many on here were predicting a relegation scrap this season. 

I agree it’s disappointing to an extent that Roberts didn’t get on for the last 2 games, but if you’re arguing Warnock’s currently doing a bad job then it’s pretty obvious you just don’t like the man 

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Who are they? 

Certainly not you, because I remember a bold (or tongue in cheek) prediction of 5-0, but a number of us said we would be happy to end up with a point and when we did, they weren't...  either way, as someone who obviously cares about the team has been known to say..  UTB 

1 minute ago, thatoldchestnut said:

It is progress. People need to remember where we nearly ended up last season. I can't believe the moaning.

This is not a moan at all before the game was happy to take a point but boy with a bit more effort Brentford were there for the taking.

Again the game screamed for Roberts to play a part.

However overall very pleased with the progress

• Like 1