oneBoro Forum

Brentford v Boro 0-0

1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

Having watched sides this year in the Championship we are the best they is in the league and in this game we are going to make a statement 2-0 Boro win. We have saved Roberts for this let's hope he get's goal and Akpom assist 😁

Love it @DurhamRed 👍

• Like 1
  • Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction Nearly 9 months after my last matchday thread  I have fetched my dusty box of gifs from the loft ready for action. Ironically my last thread was our away trip to Brentford last seaso

It is progress. People need to remember where we nearly ended up last season. I can't believe the moaning.

I can't understand how anyone can sit there and say this is the same as Pulis. It is closer to what we saw under Karanka though I still wouldn't say it's really the same. It really goes to show just h

Posted Images

I also think we are more exciting to watch now, than under Karanka .. We are not as negative in our approach..  Yes we lack a few goals, but that will come, the way we play! NW have steadied us from keeper to midfield via defence .. Ofc he will have our strikers scoring too! 

Players like Howson and Saville starts to look like the players they were before they were hypnotized to be slow and lethargic under Pulis and JW ..

I don't miss the Forshaw spin or the Clayton backpass!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

We've grown more effective over the last few games and we look more solid every game, I agree with that. There were some signs at the weekend that we were trying to play more football and it really came to life on Tuesday - but until then it was a snooze fest, just look back st the match threads as the games unfolded 

Can't argue with this.

While we're definitely better than we've been in recent seasons, we do still lack creativity and the ability to fashion good goalscoring chances.

There has still been a fair bit of backwards and sideways football when we've struggled to break teams down.

No doubt there have been some major improvements under Warnock but we've still a way to go to become an effective all-round team.

As I 've said before, the pandemic has shaken football up...not just in this league but the PL too. If the Championship was unpredictable before, its even more so now. Boro are just one of about 12 teams that could finish in the top 6, on current form.

Teams will not look forward to playing us and feel this will be the case.

A away win at the new ground of our oppenents is very possible as there could be a sting in the tail.

Game day so come on Boro!

Sometimes I do think fans suffer from revisionism. We remember the good stuff in retrospect and forget a lot of the bad.

In our amazing 2006, the football was so bad at times, a fan ended up throwing his season ticket at the manager. There were times under Karanka where we couldn’t seem to buy a goal, and when half the team and manager seemed to be at war with one another.

I’m enjoying seeing the team spirit under Warnock, long may the improvement continue. 

• Like 5

Was there for this game last season. Was a shame Brentford didn't achieve promotion. Nice club, nice fans. I'd love Boro to sneak a win. But they'll have to start scoring. 2-1 Boro. Will be happy with a draw though. Think Roberts will start. 

brentford aren't all that, they lost their best 2 attackers and their best cb is missing this game. i dont think they'll even be pushing for promotion this season. they will lose to many games. toney isnt going to get 40 goals either mark him tight they'll struggle to break us down. we'll have them sussed today you watch. warnock is actually a good tactitian unlike the majoriy of managers we've had in the recent past.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

brentford aren't all that, they lost their best 2 attackers and their best cb is missing this game. i dont think they'll even be pushing for promotion this season. they will lose to many games. toney isnt going to get 40 goals either mark him tight they'll struggle to break us down. we'll have them sussed today you watch. warnock is actually a good tactitian unlike the majoriy of managers we've had in the recent past.

So many statements there that will INFURIATE the Football Gods... very brave.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

So many statements there that will INFURIATE the Football Gods... very brave.

gordon ramsay princess GIF by Fox TV

Thats it...he's gone and jinxed us now... 🙃

Actually, still hopeful we can nick a win, but a point wouldn't be a bad result.

Brentford are no mugs...they're the joint top scorers in the league, together with Reading, so we can expect a stern test of our defence. Saving grace is that their back line isn't great, so hopeful we can score at least one.

5 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

gordon ramsay princess GIF by Fox TV

Thats it...he's gone and jinxed us now... 🙃

Actually, still hopeful we can nick a win, but a point wouldn't be a bad result.

Brentford are no mugs...they're the joint top scorers in the league, together with Reading, so we can expect a stern test of our defence. Saving grace is that their back line isn't great, so hopeful we can score at least one.

We've faced I think 3 teams so far that either were the top scorers or were one of the top few in teams like Bristol City, Blackburn and Reading (although I don't think they were there when we played them). I think they had a combined three shots on target or something.

Its close to call because we have not played enough games to make long term predictions but I do know we have drawn to many games and lack goals. Granted we have given some pretty good defensive displays but you don’t win too many not scoring goals and it’s only a matter of time before a manager cracks our defensive line. Now because we are a small squad and pretty much a herd of elephants then a pride of lions I’m staying with a mid table prediction. 

With the international break coming up I’m hopeful we may give it a go, but I’m also realistic in thinking NW won’t want to throw away a point. I don’t think we will see much change from another draw... 

• Like 1