• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction Nearly 9 months after my last matchday thread  I have fetched my dusty box of gifs from the loft ready for action. Ironically my last thread was our away trip to Brentford last seaso

It is progress. People need to remember where we nearly ended up last season. I can't believe the moaning.

I can't understand how anyone can sit there and say this is the same as Pulis. It is closer to what we saw under Karanka though I still wouldn't say it's really the same. It really goes to show just h

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Assombalonga dropped, interesting

I think he just being managed. He played 3 games in 7 days as a lone striker. Whilst Akpom had a fortnight on the bench given his virus so makes sense. Hopefully after break both can start.

Basically the same team that started against Blackburn. Got a slight concern regarding the midfield, potentially having only Howson screening the defence could be an issue. Hope I'm wrong though.

I don't think Britt was particularly bad against Blackburn, but with only 2 strikers available I think this is potentially a change more to share the workload.

1 minute ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Basically the same team that started against Blackburn. Got a slight concern regarding the midfield, potentially having only Howson screening the defence could be an issue. Hope I'm wrong though.

I don't think Britt was particularly bad against Blackburn, but with only 2 strikers available I think this is potentially a change more to share the workload.

Howson has been the only one screening the defence even with Morsy & Sav in. The problem will be further ahead where we'll miss Morsy and Savilles tenacity further up the pitch.

Just now, SouthernSmoggie said:

So at this point we can assume Warnock is just not fancying Roberts rather than it being fitness related? And is Morsy injured...?

Midfield looks lightweight without Morsy and Savile, I think we'll be under a lot of pressure today. 

Morsy has a slight hammy problem apparently. Warnock apparently retracted his statement of it being a tactical sub vs Forest and said it was a hammy.

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Morsy has a slight hammy problem apparently. Warnock apparently retracted his statement of it being a tactical sub vs Forest and said it was a hammy.

Ah fair. Shame, he offers a lot. 

Heard anything about Roberts? Weird he's being barely played. 

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Howson has been the only one screening the defence even with Morsy & Sav in. The problem will be further ahead where we'll miss Morsy and Savilles tenacity further up the pitch.

True, Howson is the one that tends to drop with Saville and Morsy pressing higher up. As a unit I don't think Wing, Tav and Howson will offer that same solidity, but could potentially offer the same in terms of actually pressing (but potentially less effective pressing). 

I don't think we'd have brought Roberts back if he didn't like his style of play. I also don't think Roberts would have dropped down to the Championship to a team who weren't actually keen on his skills. I can only think it's a fitness issue which, to be fair, wouldn't exactly be surprising. He needs to start bringing him onto the pitch if he wants that to improve though.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Whoppy said:

I just read this as Britt being rested/rotated.

Can someone please tell me what Coulson brings? I thought he was anonymous against Blackburn.

He linked up well down the left side with Bola. I just wish he was linking up via left back or left wing-back with someone else, like a Bolasie, as I just don't think he's an out and out attacker. He's got to take the game time he can get though with Bola developing into a first choice player.

• Like 1