• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I can't tempt you with this little offering? 

He’s hoping to win enough to buy a cut price mink farm. 

You don't mosh to "pop" music ..  You mosh to SLAAAAYYERRRRR!!!

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Actually Denmark have redeemed themselves hugely in recent years with these guys...

Don't need to know any dances for this...just mosh like hell!

You don't mosh to "pop" music .. 

You mosh to SLAAAAYYERRRRR!!!

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

You don't mosh to "pop" music .. 

You mosh to SLAAAAYYERRRRR!!!

I dunno if you heard but they retired a while back.

Plus they're not Danish. IIRC Denmark's biggest claim to metal fame is Lars Ulrich. 😁

Also to be fair to Volbeat they do incorporate metal riffs in some of their songs...just listen to the track Still Counting.

The fact they vary their sound from guitar pop to thrash is one of the things I like about them.

45 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Plus they're not Danish. IIRC Denmark's biggest claim to metal fame is Lars Ulrich. 😁

Also to be fair to Volbeat they do incorporate metal riffs in some of their songs...just listen to the track Still Counting.

The fact they vary their sound from guitar pop to thrash is one of the things I like about them.

If you want REAL Danish metal - We have legendary bands such as Mercyful Fate (King Diamond), Artillery, Invocator and Hatesphere!

• Like 1

Ah yes - Mercyful Fate...how did I forget about them? King Diamond - the Danish Rob Halford? Metallica (or maybe just Lars) have often cited them as a major influence.

Can't say I've heard of the others though... 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Ah yes - Mercyful Fate...how did I forget about them? King Diamond - the Danish Rob Halford? Metallica (or maybe just Lars) have often cited them as a major influence.

Can't say I've heard of the others though... 🤷‍♂️

IIRC Lars was so into stuff like King Diamond, when they played shows in the US they'd just do covers and pretend they were theirs. It's why they cover Am I Evil so much.

1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

Can't hate a bit of Elvis metal.

7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

IIRC Lars was so into stuff like King Diamond, when they played shows in the US they'd just do covers and pretend they were theirs. It's why they cover Am I Evil so much.

I like the music fine, I just get sick of the yodeling 

21 hours ago, Borodane said:

You need to listen to Kiss more😜

I would probably listen to KISS more if Gene Simmons wasn't such a colossal nob end. There's a guy who should definitely keep most of his thoughts to himself.

Actually I find most of their songs to be pretty meh. The only ones that ever really grabbed me were Crazy Nights and their re-write of Argent's God Gave Rock n' Roll To You for Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey.

Hmm...now I think on it, Love It Loud and Unholy aren't bad either...but thats definitely it.

Bankroll 197.68 £

This feels like drinking a lot of water, to keep peeing the pants, to stay warm for 10 minutes at a time.

Maybe today is the day 😛

Ac Horsens v Vejle +1

Southampton v Man United

Real Sociedad v Villareal

Leverkusen v Hertha Berlin

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Ouch. Not looking good so far. United away at Southampton is a real gamble

Looks a lot better now

On 11/26/2020 at 10:53 AM, Brunners said:

Wasn't Am I Evil Diamond Head (NWOBHM) rather than King Diamond?

• Like 1