oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Norwich 0-1

38 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

He's been with the Squad for a few weeks now,I wouldn't be surprised to see him start

He hasn't played for ages. Roberts has been here longer and is arguably a better player but even he isn't starting. I'd be very surprised if Whatmore starts anytime soon.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's funny isn't it?  Fry is playing well, McNair is brilliant apparently and Dijksteel is a 'beast'.  And yet we can't possibly risk playing attacking players in attacking positions ahead of them?  I

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Borodane said:

I'd play him on saturday in a back three but revert to a back for against Derby and rest him. But I suppose it depends on the condition he's returning in.

I'm in two minds on it.

Norwich is definitely the harder game, and I'm not sure whether that means we should play McNair because it gives us a better chance or he should be rested because it'll be a tough game to get anything from anyway and he could have a bigger impact against a badly struggling Derby.

Either way, he shouldn't be playing both.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'm in two minds on it.

Norwich is definitely the harder game, and I'm not sure whether that means we should play McNair because it gives us a better chance or he should be rested because it'll be a tough game to get anything from anyway and he could have a bigger impact against a badly struggling Derby.

Either way, he shouldn't be playing both.

If we are serious about playoffs we need to avoid losing against direct rivals which Norwich are. I reckon Derby is a game where we can better play 4 at the back and put an extra attacker on.

• Like 1

I read somewhere this week that Farke didn't rate Robert's ability to get back and defend which is why he struggled for game time at Norwich.

Great as an attacking threat going forward but a liability when out of possession. It would appear that Warnock has perhaps arrived at the same conclusion and therefore unless we are behind and chasing a game he is uncomfortable in using him. That we haven't been chasing many games this season is probably the reason that we haven't seen much of the lad.

43 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I read somewhere this week that Farke didn't rate Robert's ability to get back and defend which is why he struggled for game time at Norwich.

Great as an attacking threat going forward but a liability when out of possession. It would appear that Warnock has perhaps arrived at the same conclusion and therefore unless we are behind and chasing a game he is uncomfortable in using him. That we haven't been chasing many games this season is probably the reason that we haven't seen much of the lad.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case considering how little he has played. But it begs the question as to why we resigned him and why he'd even want to come back.

• Like 3
53 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I guess that shows how much Warnock is prioritising not losing over winning.

Considering we often struggle to break teams down, you'd think his added creativity would be just what our midfield needs.

But then, if we were losing rather than drawing I suppose I'd be complaining even more, so... 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I guess that shows how much Warnock is prioritising not losing over winning.

Considering we often struggle to break teams down, you'd think his added creativity would be just what our midfield needs.

But then, if we were losing rather than drawing I suppose I'd be complaining even more, so... 🤷‍♂️

It's a fine balance. NW said that in hindsight he should have been brought on against Blackburn where we were mostly in control but struggled to create clear chances. Let's hope he's learned from that and will be a bit bolder in games where we need that little bit of creativity to win. Signing Whatmore might suggest that he knows we sometimes miss a bit of pace and creativity.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'd rest McNair on Saturday.

Arguably our best player this season but he'll be close to burnout and I'd sooner he was ready to hopefully put Derby to the sword.

Gives Hall or Wood a chance to get some more game time, it'll be a tough game regardless. 

So you would rest our best player against arguarbly one of the better teams in this league...why?

18 minutes ago, Onme'eadson said:

So you would rest our best player against arguarbly one of the better teams in this league...why?

Think it’s to do with the about of game time he’s had recently and as one of our star performers he needs protecting and we need to pick our battles

26 minutes ago, Onme'eadson said:

Because I think he may struggle and it risks injury, seeing as he's played non-stop since the season began.

He's played every single minute for us in the league, 45 minutes in the cup and then every single match for Northern Ireland.

That's 20 games in 10 weeks, with no breaks, and having travelled a great deal in that time.

Play him against Norwich and that's 21 games without a break.

Only play him against Derby and he's had a week's rest from football and should be less prone to muscular injury. 

Edited by TeaCider24

Toughest home test so far but in my opinion and probably contrevertial to most I would like to see us approach this game in a very cavalier and gung ho way.

Get at their throats as fast as possible with our most skillful attacking players and if that means Roberts and Watmore starting then so be it.

Watmore for certain will want to show he his best is back and will relish playing Norwich.

Too many teams give respect to Norwich and yes ok they can get results anywhere, but frighten them with pace and a direct style then I really believe we can better them.

Get into a 3 goal lead then defend with aplomb!

• Haha 2

I don’t think we can rest McNair.... there isn’t another player that can do quite what he does. It’s why Warnock was so *** that he wasn’t given a break during the internationals. 

• Like 1