oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Norwich 0-1

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

If we were to play Spence as a fullback, he shouldn't be starting as Dijksteel is miles better than him there.

Then we could actually have one less full-back on the pitch and one more winger, that's a net positive, regardless of whether Spence ends up on the pitch or not right now.

I think this game is made for Roberts. Spence hasn't had that much to do defensively on that side, Johnson makes a bit more sense as Bola is often drifting infield to follow Buendia. That and Johnson is having a decent game.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's funny isn't it?  Fry is playing well, McNair is brilliant apparently and Dijksteel is a 'beast'.  And yet we can't possibly risk playing attacking players in attacking positions ahead of them?  I

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Wish we’d just have Roberts on instead of Spence. 

My concern is that Roberts would leave us too exposed when they counter and Farke would really know how to exploit Roberts' weaknesses

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Not by me.

I'd much prefer him at fullback to Spence, but he's been so good at CB that it's hard to justify moving him.

Well the justification would be to get another actual attacking player on the pitch wouldn’t it?

Well I missed the end of that but the 30 minutes or so I did see we looked very decent.

Seems I also missed our 3 shots on target (according to BBC stats). Norwich had 5 attempts but none on target.

Would be happy if the game finishes like this, but it looks like we have the measure of Norwich and finished the half on top. Definitely can't rule out Boro sneaking a win 2nd half.

This isn’t a roberts game tbf. We’ve done well for the most part. Tav has been a touch disappointing , but I wouldn’t be dragging him at this stage. To me we are short a quality winger for this formation still. Let’s see what whatmore has at about 60-70 minutes and that’s about it

3 minutes ago, White Band said:

HT.  Didn't feel like a bore draw.

That’s exactly what it felt like to me and that’s what it was really. A scrappy game punctuated by the odd counter attack from either side. Us trying to shut them down and contain them and them not being able to break the shackles. 

Plenty of half chances, but there are yellow shirts swarming round us anytime we try and do anything. Well need to get a lucky break or a defensive clanger to score today I think. Same for Norwich 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Leadbitter has scored for Sunderland, not a penalty either.

It was a typical Leadbitter 35yrd thunder *** great goal👏👏👏

Its a terrible game of football, little skill, no action, headless chickens, but we still watch, digest and comment and try to make out a few good points... Be honest its shi4e but i still think we will win. In off somebody's head while he's not looking , or the referee's backside etc.

• Like 1