oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Norwich 0-1

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Wrongly ruled out our pen, should have sent off their player.

But Norwich were the better team so I'm not too upset.

It looked like he hit ours twice and at no point did any of our players complain so clearly they knew rightly.

As for the 2nd yellow yeah he probably should have gone but we could have played for another 2 hours against their 10 men behind the ball and not scored. 

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's funny isn't it?  Fry is playing well, McNair is brilliant apparently and Dijksteel is a 'beast'.  And yet we can't possibly risk playing attacking players in attacking positions ahead of them?  I

Posted Images

Should also be pointed out that it looked like he clearly did not double touch the ball from behind, which was the ref's view. 

It was also in no way obvious that the ball was touched twice from behind the goal, and I'm still adamant that it wasn't, so not sure why the ref has disallowed it.

From the direction the ball went after he hit it it looked to me that it was double hit but from the replay angle it was hard to tell either way, its a weird thing for a ref to just make up and go with though unless he saw it.

The reaction from Tav says an awful lot to me though 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I feel if Roberts came on instead of Colouson we would not of conceded a Pen. But honestly only Boro would have a goal disallowed for slipping and allegedly double touching a pen

The riverside curse strikes again

• Like 1

It’s good that we are actually disappointed in losing to Norwich though. Shows where we are as a team atm. Just a shame, as it feels if we just let the reigns go a tiny bit more we’d be top 2, even just 10% extra going forward. It’s evem more frustrating though as it seems that we aren’t going to do that. How many games this season have we drawn that we felt we could have/should have won? It feels as if Warnock doesn’t trust the team to sacrifice some of its defensive duties in order to be more threatening going forward. There isn’t a team we’ve played that has outclassed us. We’ve barely looked like conceding a goal all season. Unfortunately I don’t know what it’s going to take for this to change. Can’t help but think it’s going to be a season of ‘what if’ come the end.

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

all our attackig players are kids really very inconsistent and lack of composure. but that said they did well i thought. they had the best midfield we've seen this season but we matched them, very tight game across the pitch. no side had a dominant area. if we score our penna we win 1-0. fine margins at this level.

All of our attacking players are fullbacks except for one and he's not allowed to play because he isn't a fullback.

coulson and jed fullbacks. no they aint they can't defend for their lives. wingbacks maybe. johnson is a winger. so we started with a wingback converted to a winger. but that doesnt sound as dramatic does it 😄 

15 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

You think we are close to destroying the league?

Completely we have dominated in every game we have played. Made more chances than the opposition. If we had attackers to convert the chances in them crucial moments. So they weren't wasted like they currently are with the  inexperienced Spence, Coulson, Tav and even Bola today who messed up a big opportunity. We would be top of the league scoring goals. Like if we had Ramirez in this side we would be top of the league I'm sure of it. But will Gibson be prepared to invest to get this player in January is another matter as he wasn't in the summer when it was clear this is what was required. 

1 minute ago, Dynamo Kev said:

coulson and jed fullbacks. no they aint they can't defend for their lives. wingbacks maybe. johnson is a winger. so we started with a wingback converted to a winger. but that doesnt sound as dramatic does it 😄 

They can defend.  Coulson made a crap tackle today however.  Johnson is a winger who has barely been able to get a game at this level as a winger.  He's played more as a fullback or wingback than he has on the wing hasn't he?  It's not about being dramatic, it's about Warnock selecting attacking players based on their ability to defend and people on here being ok with it or simply ignoring that simple fact completely.  

Boro boo boys will be out in force tonight scrutinizing Warnock after 1 defeat but even though I have been impressed with the results all season, warning signs have been there for me for the majority of the season.

We are a extremely rigid team so when we go a goal down, we must change formation/offer something different rather than go like for like substitutions in the hope that fresh legs change something for us.

Go 2 up top, go to a back 4, something that confuses the opposition tactics.

Game was poor, but was a deserved draw. Angle I seen behind the goal, was that Tavernier did touch the ball twice on the penalty unfortunately.

Hopefully Warnock now see's that Spence literally offers nothing at all. Either falls over, runs into opponent or shields the ball and goes back to Dijksteel.

He started the season with Akpom and Britt playing together so people can't say it's formation related and we can't blame injuries now that we have Watmore as a back up option.

Edited by diggerlad07
Just now, Changing Times said:

They can defend.  Coulson made a crap tackle today however.  Johnson is a winger who has barely been able to get a game at this level as a winger.  He's played more as a fullback or wingback than he has on the wing hasn't he?  It's not about being dramatic, it's about Warnock selecting attacking players based on their ability to defend and people on here being ok with it or simply ignoring that simple fact completely.  

how can u use johnson the winger has been played out of position as a stick to beat him with for being played in his correct position lol

The changes for next game that I'd make is to drop Spence for Roberts, and possibly rest McNair.

Neither striker is playing well, but they're 6 and two 3s right now.

Johnson should be starting again ahead of Coulson.

1 minute ago, Dynamo Kev said:

how can u use johnson the winger has been played out of position as a stick to beat him with for being played in his correct position lol

He's been played out of position precisely because he isn't good enough to be played in his position at this level.

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

The changes for next game that I'd make is to drop Spence for Roberts, and possibly rest McNair.

Neither striker is playing well, but they're 6 and two 3s right now.

I assume his plan is to rotate them to keep them fresh (the strikers).  Morsy could be back as well?