• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's funny isn't it?  Fry is playing well, McNair is brilliant apparently and Dijksteel is a 'beast'.  And yet we can't possibly risk playing attacking players in attacking positions ahead of them?  I

Posted Images

Just now, diggerlad07 said:

I wouldn't say that's the case. Personally, I think the 'majority' are just happy not to have performances and results like last season before Warnock.

The aim is to win games of course it is, as a fan I expect my team to try and win every game but we have a manager in charge who has been successful in making his team's hard to beat and getting results by playing rigid tactics.

Its going to be another season where fans disagree over performances and getting results. Results are most important in my eyes.

Getting what results?  What results are you looking for?  If your expectation is that we finish midtable then quite clearly you'll be happy with us not losing too many.  If we want to finish top 6 then we have to win more games.

2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I wouldn't say that's the case. Personally, I think the 'majority' are just happy not to have performances and results like last season before Warnock.

And also, why?  It's one bad season, it can't have spooked people that much, surely?

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

And also, why?  It's one bad season, it can't have spooked people that much, surely?

You say that but I think on here is evidence enough that a lot of people have that line of thinking. Which is really quite incredible considering how much flak Woodgate got for being a crap manager. Maybe to them Woodgate actually isn't that bad a manager right now and just had a rubbish squad to work with? That's the only way I can see that matching up with the idea that Warnock will do well to get us finishing mid-table.

We have been short on the striker front for years now. Managers come, managers go and the problem remains. Our strike force need too many chances to put the ball in the net. We don’t create anywhere near enough for our second rate strikers. 

7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Getting what results?  What results are you looking for?  If your expectation is that we finish midtable then quite clearly you'll be happy with us not losing too many.  If we want to finish top 6 then we have to win more games.

A draw is seen as a result unfortunately. You haven't asked my opinion regarding in where I see us finishing.

With us playing the rigid way we are and hard to break down, we will win more games than we lose and will end up around the play offs. The league imo this season is far open than what people think and if we were bit more brave then we could potentially pick up more points but let's be honest, we know Warnock won't do that as he just doesn't want to get beat.

5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

The latest I've found in my quick look Ruud Gullit for Chelsea.

I wasn't sure if we played against Burnley when Waddle was there?  I don't think we did though.  I reckon Gullit is a great shout unless we played someone in a cup game who had a player manager?

2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

A draw is seen as a result unfortunately. You haven't asked my opinion regarding in where I see us finishing.

With us playing the rigid way we are and hard to break down, we will win more games than we lose and will end up around the play offs. The league imo this season is far open than what people think and if we were bit more brave then we could potentially pick up more points but let's be honest, we know Warnock won't do that as he just doesn't want to get beat.

I know a draw is seen as a result.  Problem is that lots of draws usually doesn't get you promoted and winning a third of your games doesn't either.  What is your opinion on where you see us finishing?

11 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

You say that but I think on here is evidence enough that a lot of people have that line of thinking. Which is really quite incredible considering how much flak Woodgate got for being a crap manager. Maybe to them Woodgate actually isn't that bad a manager right now and just had a rubbish squad to work with? That's the only way I can see that matching up with the idea that Warnock will do well to get us finishing mid-table.

Exactly.  Woodgate was a terrible manager but there almost seems to be have been more expectation on what he was supposed to be produce than Warnock, which makes absolutely no sense at all.  

• Like 1

There wasn't a great deal between the two sides but Pukki is a different class to any of the Strikers at Boro. Contrast his influence on the second forty five minutes to Britt's entire time here. Had Tav scored his penalty they would have had to take more chances and we could maybe have had a few more opportunities with a different result. He didn't, Coulson then committed a foul that was reckless, immature and handed the game to them. Pukki doesn't take penalties like Boro and after the penalty was awarded it was a forgone conclusion.

Norwich have a far superior squad of players and held onto the bulk of their players and their Manager and as a consequence they will like as not go straight back up. They had the worst Premiership defence yet sold two defenders bringing in something like £40m and then brought Gibson in to replace one of them, we bought Grant Hall.

Our lack of attacking intent is no doubt down to tactics but lets face it Tav is frustrating, Spence just isn't cutting it and Roberts dances but with no end product, Coulson looks at a lower level than Spence unfortunately and if Britt was as good at scoring as he is smiling we would be top of the league. You can't make a silk purse out of Pigs ear. I don't recall Bettinelli being troubled all afternoon but if we don't score then it all becomes irrelevant.

I'm not sure what he can do but somehow Warnock needs to do with Tav, Spence, Coulson, Roberts, Akpom, Tav and Co. what he has achieved with McNair, Dijksteel, Bola, Saville and Fry.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Woodgate was a terrible manager but there almost seems to be have been more expectation on what he was supposed to be produce than Warnock, which makes absolutely no sense at all. 

Woodgate was a joke appointment which predictably turned out very unfunny in the end but he wasn't expected to get us relegated. I don't think even he expected that.

5 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Pukki doesn't take penalties like Boro and after the penalty was awarded it was a forgone conclusion.

You say that, but the last penalty that Pukki took before this one, he slipped over and skied it in to the stands.

They then lost 1-0.

My thoughts on where we will finish based on what players we signed is well documented. I’m one that thinks us harder to beat but we won’t win many either because we simply we can’t score goals. 
Today’s game was one of the strangest I have seen in a very long time and I don’t  think we could have tried harder to loose a game.  If this game doesn’t  worry some then I fail to see what will. 

Apart from a school boy error, no that’s not a fair assessment, because of a brain fart decision that led to the penalty I thought we did quite well. I even thought we did well in midfield, but then the brain farting is more in evidence up front. The final third, the abyss, empty quarter or what ever name you can conjure up is costing lots of valuable points. 

I would have been happy with a point, yep I’m another one, so in my eyes we have lost but one point. 
I just think it’s a farcical way to do so. 

• Like 1