• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's funny isn't it?  Fry is playing well, McNair is brilliant apparently and Dijksteel is a 'beast'.  And yet we can't possibly risk playing attacking players in attacking positions ahead of them?  I

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Just my opinion but I think expressing a concern over certain elements of our gameplan, formation, players selected and in game decisions isn't moaning.

Just my opinion but never finding anything good to say about any part of our gameplan, formation, players selected or in game decisions is moaning 

15 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Of course it is because it’s not the same as yours 🙄

It's really easy, just provide some examples.  That's all you have to do as I'll then be proven wrong.  The game was only yesterday, I'm sure you can remember all of the good things he did.

Dan, I think that Blanco is more perturbed by lack of balance rather than criticism. he seems to be prepared to give credit for good performance whereas some others are not. CT is usually fairly cogent with his thoughts but there are others that you can almost predict that their thoughts will be negative in many aspects, either way, they are amongst the people who seem to at least don't work from a script and are usually worth listening to

9 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Just my opinion but never finding anything good to say about any part of our gameplan, formation, players selected or in game decisions is moaning 

You'll be hard pressed to see anyone "moan" about our defensive record. In fact a lot of praise has gone Warnock and his coaching staff's way regarding how tough they've made us to breakdown and how much they've improved out defensive side of the game. Lot's of positives have been mentioned regarding the improvement of certain players too, Dijksteel, Bola, McNair etc.

What a lot of people have concerns about are the fact the scales are tipped so heavily in favour of being defensive. We have scored 9 goals in 12 games, that needs to improve. Otherwise that will catch up with us sooner rather than later.

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It's really easy, just provide some examples.  That's all you have to do as I'll then be proven wrong.  The game was only yesterday, I'm sure you can remember all of the good things he did.

Watch the game again without your anti Johnson goggles on and you will see what I mean. He was a threat for us when he was on the pitch. Definitely one of the better games he has played for us

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Dan, I think that Blanco is more perturbed by lack of balance rather than criticism. he seems to be prepared to give credit for good performance whereas some others are not. CT is usually fairly cogent with his thoughts but there are others that you can almost predict that their thoughts will be negative in many aspects, either way, they are amongst the people who seem to at least don't work from a script and are usually worth listening to

I haven't said Johnson played badly yesterday.  I wasn't even talking about him, Blanco brought him up in his continuing efforts to be seen as a superfan.  When he did that good run yesterday I posted Good run Marv 👍.  I don't think I criticised him at all during the game yesterday.  But none of our players looked really good going forwards yesterday, and if Blanco is going to tell me I'm wrong and accuse me of moaning, then he can back up his own opinion.  The trouble is that he can't and he knows it.

1 minute ago, Blanco said:

Watch the game again without your anti Johnson goggles on and you will see what I mean. He was a threat for us when he was on the pitch. Definitely one of the better games he has played for us

Provide some examples of him looking really good going forward.  That's all you have to do.  There must be some as you must have based your opinion on them.

Out of interest, who did you think did have a decent game yesterday? I thought Fry, Dijksteel, Tav and Marv were amongst the better performers, but whatever Farke did at half time (or maybe just the entrance of Pukki) seemed to tip the game in their favour. Not sure if anyone we had on bench could have made the difference as we needed a midfield ballwinner to swing it back in our favour and that I think is the most important battle that we lost      

Just now, Changing Times said:

Provide some examples of him looking really good going forward.  That's all you have to do.  There must be some as you must have based your opinion on them.

I watch the game as it happens. I don’t rely on reading stats to form my opinion. Johnson played well yesterday. I really think that you are being deliberately belligerent to deny that

8 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I watch the game as it happens. I don’t rely on reading stats to form my opinion. Johnson played well yesterday. I really think that you are being deliberately belligerent to deny that

I haven't mentioned any stats.  I'm asking you to remember this game you watched and talk me through some of the examples of Marvin Johnson looking really good going forwards.  No stats required.  I've given you two of them already, so what were the others?

Edited by Changing Times
3 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Out of interest, who did you think did have a decent game yesterday? I thought Fry, Dijksteel, Tav and Marv were amongst the better performers, but whatever Farke did at half time (or maybe just the entrance of Pukki) seemed to tip the game in their favour. Not sure if anyone we had on bench could have made the difference as we needed a midfield ballwinner to swing it back in our favour and that I think is the most important battle that we lost      

Again, I didn't say Johnson had a bad game.  I don't think anyone had a bad game for us yesterday, of those who started.  I thought Johnson, Spence and Akpom had largely ineffective games.  Tavernier probably looked the most likely to make something happen but even he didn't do much, although he did win the penalty and burst into the box beforehand.  The two in midfield worked hard, in fact everyone worked hard without the ball, but with the ball we didn't do a great deal.  The defence was pretty solid as it usually has been this season. I thought we simply started to tire in the second half.  We put a lot of effort into closing down in the first half and it's difficult to keep that up, especially if the other team keep trying to play and therefore keep making you run around a lot. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

I haven't mentioned any stats.  I'm asking you to remember this you watched and talk me through some of the examples of Marvin Johnson looking really good going forwards.  No stats required.  I've given you two of them already, so what were the others?

I don’t have the memory that you require for this. At half time yesterday I had Johnson down as man of the match for us. When he was replaced by Coulson we wilted. That is how I saw it and I stick by that opinion. I’m not capable of remembering every minute as it happened and will make no apologies for that