• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's funny isn't it?  Fry is playing well, McNair is brilliant apparently and Dijksteel is a 'beast'.  And yet we can't possibly risk playing attacking players in attacking positions ahead of them?  I

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I don't agree with it coming back, but I hope Warnock utilises it and rotates.

2 matches a week for the foreseeable, we've still got a small squad.

Browne should be getting a chance, as should Roberts.

Not challenging your opinion for not agreeing with the 5 subs rule. But would like to know your reasoning. 

Personally I think in these times with not having a full down season and no proper pre- season we are seeing a lot more muscular injuries (certainly in the premier league) And regardless of what people think about what teams benefit most from it, the main concern has to be the safety of the players. Just imo 

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Not challenging your opinion for not agreeing with the 5 subs rule. But would like to know your reasoning. 

Personally I think in these times with not having a full down season and no proper pre- season we are seeing a lot more muscular injuries (certainly in the premier league) And regardless of what people think about what teams benefit most from it, the main concern has to be the safety of the players. Just imo 

I don't think the substitutes particularly help that.

Just start different players if they need to avoid injuries.

Klopp was raging about Alexander-Arnold getting injured, but he played the full 90 in every match up till that injury. He only came off in the match in question because of the injury. He played virtually every minute in the 5 sub period last season too, unless the result was already assured.

From our own perspective, I don't think Warnock used 5 substitutes even once during the tail end of last season.

He's not using 3 now.

58 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Klopp was raging about Alexander-Arnold getting injured, but he played the full 90 in every match up till that injury. He only came off in the match in question because of the injury. He played virtually every minute in the 5 sub period last season too, unless the result was already assured.

From our own perspective, I don't think Warnock used 5 substitutes even once during the tail end of last season.

He's not using 3 now.

Yeah I dont think its going to really help us with our squad size and the way its been managed so far. The question more becomes whether other clubs use it to good effect and gain an advantage over us.

4 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

He's not using 3 now.

That's the weird thing really.  Some clubs have these huge squads but are unwilling to use some of the players unless they absolutely have to or they come to a game that either doesn't matter much or they feel it should be an easy one.  I mean you're talking about full international players here not inexperienced kids.  Rotate your big bloody squads and your players won't be as tired/at risk of injuries.

I'd rest McNair on Saturday.

Arguably our best player this season but he'll be close to burnout and I'd sooner he was ready to hopefully put Derby to the sword.

Gives Hall or Wood a chance to get some more game time, it'll be a tough game regardless. 

10 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'd rest McNair on Saturday.

Arguably our best player this season but he'll be close to burnout and I'd sooner he was ready to hopefully put Derby to the sword.

Gives Hall or Wood a chance to get some more game time, it'll be a tough game regardless. 

I'd play him on saturday in a back three but revert to a back for against Derby and rest him. But I suppose it depends on the condition he's returning in.

13 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I'd play him on saturday in a back three but revert to a back for against Derby and rest him. But I suppose it depends on the condition he's returning in.

Does Watmore go straight into the team

13 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Does Watmore go straight into the team

With 9 subs I expect him to be in the squad but not as a starter. Could be a decent option off the bench but he's likely way off match fit.

7 minutes ago, Borodane said:

With 9 subs I expect him to be in the squad but not as a starter. Could be a decent option off the bench but he's likely way off match fit.

He's been with the Squad for a few weeks now,I wouldn't be surprised to see him start