oneBoro Forum
GrimsbyBoro

Boro vs Norwich 0-1

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It's a shame when people scrutinise the team?

No Its shame in our current form. 

1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

No goals in 3 games and 2 points from 9 is our current form.

3 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

We've only won 4 games this season.  I keep thinking that the aim is to win games but then I come on here and some people seem to think it's just not to lose.

The disallowed penalty isn’t the problem today. Starting with only three attacking players is the massive problem and when Marvin Johnson is one of them and playing wing back you are asking for 0 goals. It’s negative but it’s keeping us ticking along and will probably keep us in the top half but again a lack of goals will keep us out of the top 6

11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

We've only won 4 games this season.  I keep thinking that the aim is to win games but then I come on here and some people seem to think it's just not to lose.

Well, that's what the manager thinks

• Like 2

The match wasn’t awful but was hardly entertaining. We’re not going down, we’re not going up, it’s going to be a fairly mundane season and I can live with that.

Its the same year after year we don't create enough chances, so we don't score many goals, and have to rely on our defence, never seems to get addressed regardless of who's in charge, its like a stuck record. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah I will say, despite the opposition, I was a bit shocked to see that people would be happy with a point out of this one. It's a home game, we should be looking to win all our home games really but especially given our trend of not winning, we need to turn draws into wins.

When was the last time we played against a team with a player-manager on the pitch?

Just thinking there, seeing as Rooney captained and managed Derby in their 1-0 defeat today and we play them next.

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

When was the last time we played against a team with a player-manager on the pitch?

Just thinking there, seeing as Rooney captained and managed Derby in their 1-0 defeat today and we play them next.

Bloody hell, that's a good question 🤔

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Sky always like refering to him as Derby's Quarter Back  

6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Yeah I will say, despite the opposition, I was a bit shocked to see that people would be happy with a point out of this one. It's a home game, we should be looking to win all our home games really but especially given our trend of not winning, we need to turn draws into wins.

Well thats because we now know how the manager thinks...

I'm hoping this result might force him to reconsider his tactics, but I won't hold my breath.

In fairness to Norwich this was a game of two halves. We were better first half, but they got right back into it 2nd half.

I still think a draw would have been a fair result overall.

They just had a decent penalty taker and benefitted from some strange subs on our part.

25 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I wouldn't say that's the case. Personally, I think the 'majority' are just happy not to have performances and results like last season before Warnock.

The aim is to win games of course it is, as a fan I expect my team to try and win every game but we have a manager in charge who has been successful in making his team's hard to beat and getting results by playing rigid tactics.

Its going to be another season where fans disagree over performances and getting results. Results are most important in my eyes.