• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's funny isn't it?  Fry is playing well, McNair is brilliant apparently and Dijksteel is a 'beast'.  And yet we can't possibly risk playing attacking players in attacking positions ahead of them?  I

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Blanco, what were your expectations from games played before first game, have we done better/as expected/worse?

Definitely better OC. And everyone else thinks that too. It just doesn’t suit their narrative to consistently moan 

1 minute ago, Blanco said:

We definitely would have under Woodgate but in all seriousness we didn’t deserve to lose yesterday. Everybody’s favourite boo boy Marvin Johnson played well and looked really good going forward. But that seems to upset those that want him to fail just so they can think that they are somehow superior to an experienced manager. I think Warnock will get us there or thereabouts regardless of the constant anti Boro moaning on here and I’m sure elsewhere. Get behind the team and support the Boro

Johnson didn't look really good going forward.  He had one good run in the first half when he went past a couple of players and won a corner, and had a shot from 25 yards in the first half.  That was his total impact on the game and this is precisely the nonsense I'm talking about.  At no other club would that be regarded as really good going forward but some people on here have managed to convince themselves that it is because our attacking play is that bad.  What else did he do yesterday to be said to have looked really good going forward?

Blanco , i think some are of the mindset of Private Frazer or Senna the Soothsayer whereas others always look on the bright side of life. what we need is the luck of the Irish rather than the Indian curse. but it is nice to disappointed with a draw and an unlucky defeat rather than a hammering  

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Johnson didn't look really good going forward.  He had one good run in the first half when he went past a couple of players and won a corner, and had a shot from 25 yards in the first half.  That was his total impact on the game and this is precisely the nonsense I'm talking about.  At no other club would that be regarded as really good going forward but some people on here have managed to convince themselves that it is because our attacking play is that bad.  What else did he do yesterday to be said to have looked really good going forward?

I can’t believe that you actually watched that game yesterday and come on here saying that Johnson had a bad game. It proves my point that you are so blinded in your hatred of the man that he can do nothing right in your eyes. Johnson played well and it was extremely noticeable that when he went off we deteriorated badly. I’m not even a fan of his but have the ability to give credit where it’s due. He played well

Just now, Blanco said:

I can’t believe that you actually watched that game yesterday and come on here saying that Johnson had a bad game. It proves my point that you are so blinded in your hatred of the man that he can do nothing right in your eyes. Johnson played well and it was extremely noticeable that when he went off we deteriorated badly. I’m not even a fan of his but have the ability to give credit where it’s due. He played well

I didn't say he had a bad game, please don't put words in my mouth.  You said he looked really good going forward, I gave you the two highlights of his game that I can remember.  If he was really good going forward you should have no problem providing more examples of what he did...

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I didn't say he had a bad game, please don't put words in my mouth.  You said he looked really good going forward, I gave you the two highlights of his game that I can remember.  If he was really good going forward you should have no problem providing more examples of what he did...

Unlike you I don’t delve into a big bag of stats to try make myself look superior. I watched the game and was really pleased with what I saw from Johnson. He constantly gets ridiculed on here and yesterday he stood up to the plate and delivered a good performance but still gets no credit whatsoever. Why can’t you take your preconceived ideas out of your head and watch the game as it happens? If you try it you might actually enjoy watching the Boro for a change 

Oh yeah, and we deteriorated badly, as you put it, from the moment we missed the penalty, although I think Norwich already looked more comfortable against us than they did in the first half anyway.  Johnson was still on at that point, he didn't go off until the 66th minute, and we already on the back foot by then.  The match thread had people asking for some subs to be made, although I don't believe anyone suggested Coulson and Folarin.

Just now, Blanco said:

Unlike you I don’t delve into a big bag of stats to try make myself look superior. I watched the game and was really pleased with what I saw from Johnson. He constantly gets ridiculed on here and yesterday he stood up to the plate and delivered a good performance but still gets no credit whatsoever. Why can’t you take your preconceived ideas out of your head and watch the game as it happens? If you try it you might actually enjoy watching the Boro for a change 

So, in other words, he didn't do anything else.  You don't need a bag of stats, I'm asking you to remember all of these good things he did and you can't because there aren't any.  Like I said, your opinion is nonsense.

Marvin is a decent player in his right position.. not a world beater, but effective enough to cause problems on occasion, he was fairly effective in the first 45 minutes and it is very noticeable that he is much better in the tackle and I was surprised at his success rate according to Infogol. He is not Messi, but I think he is playing considerably better than last season and should be given credit for that. If we had paid £15m for him then fair enough, but we didn't. It is like judging Paddy on last season where he looked lost at times, but this season his runs forwards and dead ball deliveries have shown his class  

• Like 1
Just now, Changing Times said:

So, in other words, he didn't do anything else.  You don't need a bag of stats, I'm asking you to remember all of these good things he did and you can't because there aren't any.  Like I said, your opinion is nonsense.

Of course it is because it’s not the same as yours 🙄