oneBoro Forum
Sign in to follow this  
McMordie

Important Anniversary.

Funny how the football results become a diary of your life.

Exactly 49 years ago this evening I watched Match of the Day for the first time. 20 November 1971 - Arsenal 5 Wolves 1 and West Ham 0 Man City 2.

I couldn't sleep and my dad let me get out bed and watch it with him. I didn't realise at the time that I could stay in bed, go back to sleep and watch the games on Youtube 49 years later. (Sorry for the spoilers above if anyone wants to do so - the Wolves game is a cracking game, played in a blizzard).

Earlier in the day we'd been at Ayresome Park watching Boro beat Orient 1-0.

• Like 2

My Dad took me to that Orient game, from memory it wasn't a classic but by that stage the Boro virus had already taken hold!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• I hope we throw Britt under a bus, because he's clearly doing a Ramirez and not bothering to put in any effort. I cannot stand players who give up mid-season (see also Guzan, B). I'd play 4132, with Morsy holding and Watmore alongside Akpom if Fletcher is still unable to play. I remember a PAOK fan coming on here giving Chuba the big build up when we signed him, so there must be a player in there somewhere. I'd happily play loan players providing they're not Fulham goalkeepers. Might as well use the players at our disposal while we're paying their wages - they might even end up staying longer than their current loan term, so it's hardly a waste giving them a start ahead of a signed Boro player.
    • I would go with Bettinelli Dijk Fry Paddy Bola Morsy Sav Kebano Watmore Tav Chuba p.s: We carry on playing the loan lads if they deserve to play as it will offer the best insight in to whether we should pursue them on perm deals in summer. Think Bolasie back for Swansea and 2 starts in 4 days for NML might be a bit much right now hence why I think bench for him for this one. I would also give Howson a breather for this game.
    • At what point do we stop playing the loan lads? Hopefully never, they're probably our best players.
    • I know we were discussing possible GKs we could look at in summer and noted Smithies at Cardiff is not getting a game. He got injured in a game about a month ago and Phillips stepped in and latter has since kept his spot. Obv if that remains the case until end of season Smithies might look to leave, he has a year left on his deal. Someone Warnock might look at. Also as far as target men go, if Norwich go up i dont expect Hugill to be part of they PL plans, he barely gets a game as it is. He might be another one we look at given Warnock said this week there are not many target men about who are available.