oneBoro Forum

Boro V Derby County 3-0 (Assombalonga, Clarke OG,Johnson)

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm in love with a 71 year old man ❤️ There, I said it!

Finally! Nothing to dislike about that whatsoever given what's available. Just hope we win with a good performance now so we don't go back to the same old at the weekend!

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I'd agree with that, but I think Spence and Johnson have attacked that space better (in my opinion) than they usually do.

The space wasn't really there in the first half though although I agree they both did well when they came on.  There really haven't been many games where we've had that space to exploit against anyone this season.

• Like 2

I would have loved to see 4 or 5 but I’m just being greedy. I expected a win but it feels goooooooooooood when it happens. Goals 0 conceded, scored  3 and 3 points in the bag. 
Now that will lift the spirts, give them a appetite for more..

I feel good, I knew that I would, now 🎶

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Why?  He's not completely useless.

Because I've watched a lot of him and that vision is his weakest part of his game, I didn't think he'd look for the trailing runner like he did, I thought he'd try and either shoot or play in the striker instead.

Probably just jaded from year after year of watching us cannon crosses into shins and play balls that always get cut out.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

The space wasn't really there in the first half though although I agree they both did well when they came on.  There really haven't been many games where we've had that space to exploit against anyone this season.

Yeah first half there wasn't much space in behind at all. It's true there haven't been many games/halves of football, where we have been afforded that much space. I just feel sometimes when we do have space to exploit in games we never really do it effectively. 

What I will say before the subs Derby seemed to just start getting a foothold in the game. Warnock made those changes, along with Derby switching formation, and we were able to change the flow/momentum of the game. It felt like the opposite to what we did against Norwich, when they grew into the game.

2 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Great performance when was the last time we won by 3 goals in the championship?

Leeds, Bamford hat trick, wasn't it?

Double checked, it was Sheffield United at the start of the 18/19 season.

• Like 1

Excellent team performance including the subs. Hard to pick a MOTM as we were dominant throughout and all the players won their individual battles.

Not to put a downer on it, but let's put into perspective we were playing a shocking Derby team with no manager so let's not get ahead ourselves.

What do us fans know about tactics? I was crucifing Warnock on the 60th minute when he went Spence and Johnson but once again he got it absolutely spot on tactically.

Got a feeling he will go Britt and Akpom together v Huddersfield.