oneBoro Forum

Boro V Derby County 3-0 (Assombalonga, Clarke OG,Johnson)

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm in love with a 71 year old man ❤️ There, I said it!

Finally! Nothing to dislike about that whatsoever given what's available. Just hope we win with a good performance now so we don't go back to the same old at the weekend!

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Yeah first half there wasn't much space in behind at all. It's true there haven't been many games/halves of football, where we have been afforded that much space. I just feel sometimes when we do have space to exploit in games we never really do it effectively. 

What I will say before the subs Derby seemed to just start getting a foothold in the game. Warnock made those changes, along with Derby switching formation, and we were able to change the flow/momentum of the game. It felt like the opposite to what we did against Norwich, when they grew into the game.

Norwich weren't chasing the game though.  And I suppose they are a bit better than Derby.  I didn't think the flow of the game changed all that much after the subs.  I think they went close to scoring once or twice didn't they, then we broke out and scored the second and that was it, they folded pretty much.

We snatched a first goal and then took advantage of their tactical risks when trying to get back into the game. I worried when I saw Watmore and Roberts coming off for Johnson and Spence that we might sit back too much but one of them always stuck with the front man at least and allowed us to get a man over a couple of times.

It's just satisfying to me to say we deserved to win that game. We played the team who is currently bottom at home and we made them look like what they are right now, in the end. As good a time as any to improve the goal difference and we managed to do that, nearly put us in the one goal per game category! 😄 Whilst we can now say we concede less than a goal every 2 games. Which is insane.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Norwich weren't chasing the game though.  And I suppose they are a bit better than Derby.  I didn't think the flow of the game changed all that much after the subs.  I think they went close to scoring once or twice didn't they, then we broke out and scored the second and that was it, they folded pretty much.

We were under the pump against Norwich a hell of a lot more than we were tonight, despite Norwich not chasing the game. But as you say they are a better side than Derby.

Just my opinion but before Johnson and Spence came on, we looked like we were slowly beginning to sit back a bit. When they came on they gave us a bit more impetous and we edged up the pitch more. Having both of them on gave us the opportunity to have 2 willing runners either side, Watmore was not far off being a statue, from about the 50/55th minute, on the left.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

We were under the pump against Norwich a hell of a lot more than we were tonight, despite Norwich not chasing the game. But as you say they are a better side than Derby.

Just my opinion but before Johnson and Spence came on, we looked like we were slowly beginning to sit back a bit. When they came on they gave us a bit more impetous and we edged up the pitch more. Having both of them on gave us the opportunity to have 2 willing runners either side, Watmore was not far off being a statue, from about the 50/55th minute, on the left.

No, I agree with that, we were sitting back a bit more definitely.  I just think the second goal was what changed the game rather than the subs pushing us further forward as such.  Although clearly, they brought some fresh legs on and enabled us to take advantage of the spaces we started to be left.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Rooney is surely retiring this season.

If he's not taking a set piece, he's useless. He was the exact same last season in the 2-2 draw.

He was a complete hindrance to that side.  Completely outworked by our boys in the middle 

• Like 1
Just now, Smogzilla said:

He was a complete hindrance to that side.  Completely outworked by our boys in the middle 

Reading through the Derby forum atm. To say they're not Wayne Rooney fans would be...putting it mildly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Oh and what an absolute embarrassment Derby County are, they've bent every rule in thr book to get a financial advantage, getting a sponsor to pay Rooney 60k a week, no manager and they sit rock bottom of the league. 

A joke of a club and I hope they go down. 

• Like 5