oneBoro Forum

Boro V Derby County 3-0 (Assombalonga, Clarke OG,Johnson)

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm in love with a 71 year old man ❤️ There, I said it!

Finally! Nothing to dislike about that whatsoever given what's available. Just hope we win with a good performance now so we don't go back to the same old at the weekend!

Posted Images

Well Managed Neil Warnock.

Bitty first half but much better second half.

Watmore impressed me and think much more of him to come.

And I get to do another m/d thread, must have been the reference to TMIGOTS............so far!!!😑

• Like 2

This is a weird feeling a comfortable 3-0 scoreline in the end with us sounding like going for a 4th when did that ever happen with us. I'd be worried as a Derby fan after that but its nice we didn't just scrape a 1-0 which we have been used to in recent seasons.

* just said on the radio its the first 3-0 home win since 2018

I’ll tell you what. It’s getting pretty tight at the business end of the table. 7 points divide the top 9 teams. A good Christmas could really start to see us climb

11 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Absolute madness that we’ve only conceded one goal from open play in 13 games. I know we’re not scoring enough but that defensive stat is rather incredible. 

Yeah that is an incredible stat, I know clean sheets don't excite fans but that is a very solid base to build on. 

I suppose the most important stat is the league table but I think Warnock is doing a pretty good job especially when you consider where we were when he took over. 

• Like 2
Just now, Uwe said:

I’ll tell you what. It’s getting pretty tight at the business end of the table. 7 points divide the top 9 teams. A good Christmas could really start to see us climb

Merry Christmas Dancing GIF by SportsManias

32 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

No, I agree with that, we were sitting back a bit more definitely.  I just think the second goal was what changed the game rather than the subs pushing us further forward as such.  Although clearly, they brought some fresh legs on and enabled us to take advantage of the spaces we started to be left.

I was going to mention in my original post that our 2nd goal killed the game off. Pre 2nd goal Derby had some chances, after the 2nd went in I can't remember any standout moment where they threatened us.

It's just the way I view it but our subs coupled with Derby opening up a bit allowed us to get the 2nd goal.

• Like 1

One of those games that I think it can honestly be said, that everyone in the team did well. No standouts but just everyone playing their part. Was glad to see Roberts and Watmore both playing a role in first goal and even though they tired, they worked Derby hard enough so that they were there for the taking after fresh legs came on. Johnson goal was one of the nicer efforts we've had this season and I honestly think the decision to play him farther forward brings out his better qualities. Caught a bit of post-match interview with Rosenior and he does not seem to be under any illusions about how difficult a situation they are in, already saying that some players performances "not acceptable" but they need to find form in next few games or it could get even worse. Wonder when the last time our goal difference was +21 to theirs after just over a dozen games. Possession percentage makes game look one sided, but I think that for all but the fifteen or twenty minutes after half time, we looked the better team.    

1 minute ago, Old Codger said:

One of those games that I think it can honestly be said, that everyone in the team did well. No standouts but just everyone playing their part. Was glad to see Roberts and Watmore both playing a role in first goal and even though they tired, they worked Derby hard enough so that they were there for the taking after fresh legs came on. Johnson goal was one of the nicer efforts we've had this season and I honestly think the decision to play him farther forward brings out his better qualities. Caught a bit of post-match interview with Rosenior and he does not seem to be under any illusions about how difficult a situation they are in, already saying that some players performances "not acceptable" but they need to find form in next few games or it could get even worse. Wonder when the last time our goal difference was +21 to theirs after just over a dozen games. Possession percentage makes game look one sided, but I think that for all but the fifteen or twenty minutes after half time, we looked the better team.    

Looked the better team? We were the better team....................and so say all of us!