oneBoro Forum

Boro V Derby County 3-0 (Assombalonga, Clarke OG,Johnson)

1 minute ago, Barnaby said:

Mid table is prob exactly where Mr Gibson want's us Denzel...Promotion nearly finished this club a few years ago 

Promotion did not nearly finish this club. Stupid reckless spending after relegation nearly finished this club.

• Like 5
  • Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm in love with a 71 year old man ❤️ There, I said it!

Finally! Nothing to dislike about that whatsoever given what's available. Just hope we win with a good performance now so we don't go back to the same old at the weekend!

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

You know what I meant Will

Well if Gibson doesn't want us promoted because we might be relegated and he might make stupid decisions then we may as well pack up as a club.

• Like 2

I don't get the whole argument that Gibson wants to keep us in the Championship because it's more profitable or safe, virtually every Championship club is haemorrhaging money and the only foreseeable way of getting out of that is the Premier League. I don't see trying to live within our means as a lack of ambition personally.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Barnaby said:

Mid table is prob exactly where Mr Gibson want's us Denzel...Promotion nearly finished this club a few years ago 

That's a ludicrous statement given the financial problems we have.

I don't think promotion nearly finished us. There's plenty of other candidates queuing up to take the blame for our current financial woes - our supine and flaccid relegation at the hands of Steve Agnew, followed by that diabolical summer when we gave Monk our children's inheritance and he chose to play Adam Clayton as a CB. Honorary mentions also to Tony Pulis for stuffing our play-off against Villa so pathetically, and to Jonathan Woodgate for doing his best to take us into League One, which quite possibly would have finished us off.

The last four years have been toss on toast, with an extra-large dollop of toss, and not much toast. I don't think beating Brighton that innocent, blissful May afternoon should shoulder much of the blame for what came next.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Gibson not supporting Karanka in January and blithely accepting relegation is what nearly finished us off.

With the signings Karanka so clearly wanted we could have possibly stayed up.

Gibson did support Karanka. 

He might not have got his first choice targets but that's not usual and not the fault of Gibson. We should've moved Karanka on after he disappeared and gave it to some one capable of building the club at the highest level.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

And you would want us as whipping boys of the premier league 

I'd rather us compete at the highest possible level against the best. What's the point of competing otherwise?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Foogle said:

I don't get the whole argument that Gibson wants to keep us in the Championship because it's more profitable or safe, virtually every Championship club is haemorrhaging money and the only foreseeable way of getting out of that is the Premier League. I don't see trying to live within our means as a lack of ambition personally.

We will challenge at top with the lads we have...Ive seen enough to believe that...I just don't fancy being stuffed every week